Thread: Balance in the red

Rookie

Balance in the red

In two hours and a half, it's my match for the day. I'm playing away versus this guy:

Balance in the red-screen-shot-2013-02-16-12.39.07.jpg

Those with sharp eyes may notice that he's got minus half a million $ in his account. Just allow me to show you his team:

Balance in the red-screen-shot-2013-02-16-12.39.32.jpg

How long do I need to wait before all his players are sold back because he doesn't have any money anymore? What do I do against this guy? I need to win, or at least draw. Any formations, orders etc. you guys recommend? It looks like he just had too many tokens on his hands so he used them all up, and spent more than all of his cash in Knockout Rounds, buying loads of 4*-5* players in a night.

I'm playing 3-1-3-1-2 (3-5-2):

---------ST(3*)---ST(3*)-------
    --------------AMC(4*)-----------
    -ML(4*)------MC(4*)----MR(4*)-
    --------------DMC(3*)------------
    -----DC(3*)--DC(3*)--DC(5*----
    ---------------GK(3*)-------------

(All the 3* players are 1 quality point behind 4*, except 1, which is 3 behind.)

But on a more general level, you shouldn't be able to spend more than what you have: there are some players who don't know this, and sooner or later (someone do tell me after how many days) their players are plucked off the team like feathers off a chicken until you have over $0. Managers can't produce money out of thin air, just like magic.

Say a player was sold on the market for $2M, and the manager who bought him only had $1.5M, the manager who sold the player got his $2M, but that's just invisible money. Many of you fight for this game to be realistic, well, unless you believe in magic, snapping your fingers and clicking a button to produce half a million dollars doesn't sound very realistic to me.
    Exeter FC - Season 2 (21.5)

Past 5 games: W - W - W - W -W

League:
    Season 1 - 7th (someone should have warned me about illegal formations earlier!)
    Season 2 - 5th (yeah, err, yeah. See above.)
    Season 3 - currently 2nd

His most valuable players will be sold, one per day, a week after he goes in the red. Think of it as a bank loan, many real life clubs are in debt.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League
    Champions (10) - Seasons 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15
    Runners up (5) - Seasons 3, 5, 9, 14, 16
    Third place (1) - Season 13

Champions League
    Champions (2) - Seasons 6, 12
    Runners up (1) - Season 3
    Third place (4) - Seasons 5, 13, 14, 15

Cup
    Best placing: Quarter-Finals/Last 8
    - Season 16, Level 16, Level 23 Cup

Rookie
    A week? He has a week?

It's not much of a bank loan when no banks are involved.

It ended 4-4 anyway.
    Exeter FC - Season 2 (21.5)

Past 5 games: W - W - W - W -W

League:
    Season 1 - 7th (someone should have warned me about illegal formations earlier!)
    Season 2 - 5th (yeah, err, yeah. See above.)
    Season 3 - currently 2nd