Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 3 ST? Go defensive !

No, the weaker team should've played a defensive V formation.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    But in this case the weaker team played with 3 STs against 3 DCs and win the game. Was it random ?
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

O.K ,

back to my brother's problem ,
    i need to clarify a point: when i said he has a mediocre defence - i didn't mean the stars of every player.
    i meant the average rating that they get at games.

he has:

1 GK - moving between 5-6-7 in the ratings and has an avarage of 6.27 rating.

1 DL + 1 DC : both are fine. getting ratings of 6-7 , average is very similar at approximately 6.6-6.7

1 DR +1 DC : they're a problem. both usually get a rating of 6 and somtimes 5. average is about 5.7

3 MC - they're good , getting average rating slightly over 7.

3 ST : they're really good, ranking 7-8-9 , they all have an average rating of at least 7.30 .

he has 1-2 tokens , so replacing them is a problematic task...
    the defence subs are rubbish - getting rating of 4-5 at best, putting them on the line-up would be self-sabotage ...

so he thought about playing 4-3-3 with defensive mentality to help the defence -
    i've never played classic 4-3-3 so i can't help him.

any ideas ?
    Last edited by Oded32; 09-30-2014 at 06:04 PM.

Levski Jerusalem (click here to see my team) Season 22 -

17 championships
    13 Champions league titles
    3 Cups

Rookie
    is this defensive V?
    DL-DC-DC-DR
    ML-MC-MR
    -Ac-Ac
    --ST--

Quote Originally Posted by El Duderino View Post
    No, the weaker team should've played a defensive V formation.

------ST
    --AML-----AMR
    ------MC--MC
    ------- DMC
    --- DL-DC-DC-DR

No, this is.
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 10-05-2014 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    But in this case the weaker team played with 3 STs against 3 DCs and win the game. Was it random ?
    But there is also tactics. Maybe one of them played down the flanks. I mean it's hard to properly analyze the situation here since it's such a close score. It would be more interesting to have a score like 3-0

Quote Originally Posted by Oded32 View Post
    O.K ,

back to my brother's problem ,
    i need to clarify a point: when i said he has a mediocre defence - i didn't mean the stars of every player.
    i meant the average rating that they get at games.

he has:

1 GK - moving between 5-6-7 in the ratings and has an avarage of 6.27 rating.

1 DL + 1 DC : both are fine. getting ratings of 6-7 , average is very similar at approximately 6.6-6.7

1 DR +1 DC : they're a problem. both usually get a rating of 6 and somtimes 5. average is about 5.7

3 MC - they're good , getting average rating slightly over 7.

3 ST : they're really good, ranking 7-8-9 , they all have an average rating of at least 7.30 .

he has 1-2 tokens , so replacing them is a problematic task...
    the defence subs are rubbish - getting rating of 4-5 at best, putting them on the line-up would be self-sabotage ...

so he thought about playing 4-3-3 with defensive mentality to help the defence -
    i've never played classic 4-3-3 so i can't help him.

any ideas ?
    Just keep training those players and play smart tactics.

I usually set up my formation and tactics in order to counter opponents style and quallity.
    I have never played with 3st on this game so I can't say form gameplay experience, but from tactical xp i know that managers use red arrows a lot, some of them too much. For me there is no point to add any red arrows on 3st formation because it is offensive itself.
    Adding red arrows can expose your defence too much and your team could become vulnerable on counter attacks.
    If I can win most of my matches using various 451 formations with normal mentality, then what to say for 3st...

Playing with 2 or 3 STs and using red arrow only in one of them has any logic ? I mean this way they fill more field and they aren't so forward.
    You know, maybe like real football, one is forward, kEeping 2 DC bussy, the other one take advantage on empty space

Well, then imagine attack with 3 lazy strikers like Balotelli and compare that with 3ST who are constantly running, covering lot of space etc.
    If you played last few Fifa games (12,13,14), then you could notice work rate difference. Eg. Balotelli has low/low, D.Costa has high/high

I use red arrows on players who have enough space in front of them so I usually don't use arrows on ST.
    Blue arrow doesn't mean player will less join attack, but help more in defence.
    That is my suggestion, my tactic is focused more on protecting my goal than full charge on opponent.
    Last edited by t11_fan; 10-05-2014 at 11:38 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast