ST
    AML ---------- AML
    MC----MC
    DMC
    DL--DC--DC--DR
    his quality:22.1
    mine:28.1
    last game he won at his home 3-2 but i had more possession
    i have a game today please help i need to win!!!

Rookie
    OMFG !!!!! this is like 100000. topic about 4-5-1 v, do some research before you post a thread like this.

4-5-1 V-style is one of the most versatile formations. It can easily become defensive or offensive with the change of a few arrows. A great jack of all trades, but it's lack of defensive wingers can be exploited.

When playing against 4-5-1 V, you need to protect your flanks and attack the opponent's. Forget about attacking the middle, it's that simple. Keep in mind that 4-5-1 V-style is most often played with counter-attacking orders, so you don't want to overdo your attacks. Use normal or defensive mentality and press your own half.

As always, when playing against a midfield formation, you need to have at least as many midfielders as the opponent.

Here's a few examples:

4-3-2-1

This is 4-5-1 V-style's brother. It takes advantage of not using a DMC who won't be blocking an nonexistent AMC and vice verse. This translates into a more powerful midfield to feed passes to the forward players.

--------------ST-------------
    AML-------------------AMR
    ------MC----MC----MC----
    ------------------------------
    DL(UP)--DC--DC---DR(UP)

Motivated 4-5-1 flat.

While an unmotivated 4-5-1 flat would probably succumb to a 4-5-1 V-style, you can take advantage of that and make the opponent underestimate you. He'll probably realize that his flanks are under constant attack after a few goals.

----------------ST------------------
    -------------------------------------
    ML(UP)--MC--MC--MC--MR(UP)
    -------------------------------------
    DL(UP)-----DC---DC-----DR(UP)

3-2-2-2-1

While you don't need more than 1 or 2 DC's against 4-5-1 V, you don't want to use an illegal formation. The extra DC acts as a sweeper, DML/DMR block the attacks from the flanks, and AML/AMR attack the soft flanks.

----------------ST---------------
    AML------------------------AMR
    -----------MC-----MC-----------
    DML------------------------DMR
    ----DC(UP)DC(DOWN)DC(UP)-