Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By RJSlow
  • 2 Post By Buffs Mad
  • 2 Post By Skidz

Thread: How set the counter formation by yourself ?

Rookie

Question How set the counter formation by yourself ?

Ok Every body know that (skids) have a topic he said we must play one formation not to change it every time we change it just for big matches ok come back to our topic how to set the best counter formation by your self what is the steps

Alright well i start by identifying weaknesses (the middle, flanks, gaps in players)
    Then i look at his attack and see the minimum players i need to defend each of his attacking players
    Once that is done i look at where i can put my attacking players to expose his weaknesses in defense
    Then i try to get a general idea of what orders he will use based on his formation (focus of passing and style) and then i put blue arrows on certain players to defend against that
    Finally i put red arrows on the players that will be used in my passing focus and attack (red arrows on DR/L and MR/L for flank attack)
    Once you play enough games you get a feel for what works and can come up with counter formations pretty quickly. Otherwise you always have us here at the forum that can back you up

Kaka, the game is not one tactic. You must to change the tactic depending what tactic use your adversary.
    In the game you can give Red and Blue arrows on players. But this is not always good.
    For example, blue arrows give only if the match is live. (if you want to keep your scor, you play defense).
    Now, with the Red arrows is somewhat complicated... Why never you know if the red is right or not. But the right is to give on MR-MC-ML.
    What i mean? If you play with tactic 4-3-3 you will give red arrows on MC*-mc-MC* (with * is red arrows).
    But if you play 4-4-2 or 3-4-3, with red arrows only on ML-MR. and maybe on 2 ST. (Sometimes not always).

Here on forum have tutorials.
    I hope to helped somewhat. Have a good game dude.
    Nothing is impossible, but anything is possible.

Real Madrid F.C (My team) Preview:
    - Click me -

As had been said, counter-formations seek to exploit weaknesses or nullify strengths in the opposition or both. So you need to think about what he is trying to achieve with his formation and work to counter that.

Ofc a high quality team can just try to maximise its own strengths and shore up its weakneses by tactics that get the most out of its players qualities and ignore the opposition.

Countering is not enough in itself. I'm not going to stop Messi scoring by being in the right place at the right time - I'd need to play a blinder and he'd have to have a nightmare....and the referee would have to turn his back to me, and there'd need to be a sniper in the stands....then he aint scoring.

You must always consider that if you have a die numbered 4-9 and your opponent has one numbered 1-6, you can still roll a 4 and he a 6.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 05-30-2014 at 08:17 PM.
    Liquid and kaka like this.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    It does not just come down to formations!, you have to take into account so many variables!, quality of the team, condition, orders , arrows, players watching the game, injuries, suspensions etc!, yes everyone on here can tell you a different version of what to play but at the end of the day ANY FORMATION can beat ANY FORMATION!, the reason I wrote my thread was to highlight that it is what you do decides the outcome!, as RJSLOW has pointed out, you need to look at your formation and you opponents and try to identify yours and his weakness!, then set up your team to how you think will play best!, It will not always go well so you have to be ready to adapt to any given situation that arises!.
    For me I set my team to play a flank formation as I like to cover all aspects of the pitch! e.g I play 3w-1-4-2, (DL,DC,DR,DMC,ML,MC,MC,MR,ST,ST), I think this formation covers both the flanks and the middle because the DL DR ML MR cover the flanks and the DCs, DMC,MCs, cover the middle!, this to me looks nice and balanced!, I play mixed passing on both focus and style to give me an alround game!, my flank players exploit the narrow diamond formation, or and narrow defence formation (dc,dc,dc) and my DMC, and MCs act as protection against the narrow diamond! there lies my counter hidden!, ok so now my orders, I will attack no matter what!, I never use blues on any player!, I play reds on my DMC, ALL MIDFIELD & STs,, my strength to this lies in my orders!, attacking, mixed passing ( as said before giving me a wide range of passes) hard tackiling( in my eyes a must as I want to have most control of the ball), close down own half ( as this save some energy of the players as they are not running full length of the pitch to win the ball back), zonal marking ( whoever is nearest the ball goes to it), playing offsides (another must for me).
    Ok things are not going so well?, because of the versatility of 3w-1-4-2 I have many things I can do!, what I do the most is change to 3-4-3 or 4-3-3 and change my order to force counter attacks!, this is why I said pick a formation and stick to it because you can build your team around it to merge into other formations needed to counter other formations you come across!, as you try new things you will get better at choosing the right combination!.
    Dont think Im saying 3W-1-4-2 is the holy grail lol!, that is just what works for me!, other managers playing different formations will have there own perfectly good stratagy! and as long as it works for you thats all that matters.
    Emiron Josepha and kaka like this.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Rookie
    thanks you guys this is very good and fantastic tips this will help me and a lot of people and i waiting some more opinions