Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Top 10 FORMATIONS & TACTICS Guide:

Apprentice
    for low lvls this is all ok, there you can do what you want. but later with this orders you will not win anymore!
    Adam T. Brown and Arion like this.
    http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...e-4-4-2-a.html

Currently Season 46, LVL 42

My Team

Quote Originally Posted by minz90 View Post
    for low lvls this is all ok, there you can do what you want. but later with this orders you will not win anymore!
    This is basiclly for beginers. After a while you get to know the game better and you'r able to find out
    what formation works best for you.
    Btw.. Im on Lv 18 and the formations i've used are listed up there.. those are my personal top10s
    But yeah, as everybody knows there's no best formation and it always works in a different way.. that's why the game is still up after 5 years and a half.

My team:http://www.topeleven.com/manager/p/B...AwNTYwNzM1MTQw
    Road to the Treble & How to win the Cup: http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...xt-season.html
    Top 10 Formations & Tactics Guide:http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...ics-guide.html
    Those guides are based on my personal experience and other managers suggestion/feedback

I used your formations all season. If there would have been more time I would have taken 1st in my league as well. The team that I played in the CL was much better than mine. He clearly had spent some money on his team. My cup match was fairly even as you can see here below, but he had several friends on his side which made my win all that much sweeter. Thanks for formations!

Top 10 FORMATIONS & TACTICS Guide:-cup-match-10-15-15.jpgTop 10 FORMATIONS & TACTICS Guide:-cup-match-formations-10-15-15.jpgTop 10 FORMATIONS & TACTICS Guide:-cup-match-ratings-10-15-15.jpgTop 10 FORMATIONS & TACTICS Guide:-cup-match-spectators-10-15-15.jpgTop 10 FORMATIONS & TACTICS Guide:-cup-match-stats-10-15-15.jpg

I also had a league match just a few hours before my cup match. I rotated my entire team minus a few that I don't have players for as back ups. I think this strategy was key to the success of winning this match.

Quote Originally Posted by BeckStar View Post
    I like the 3-2-3-2 more, seems more balanced for Normal mentality to me ;D If it doesnt work then switch to 3-1-3-1-2, sub the DMC with an AMC and there you go

Almost same as yours, used that on a B team.. works fine.
    So which tactics i use on the 3-2-3-2? And which tactic when i switch to 3-1-3-1-2?

Great Job but it depends on enemy's setting, and in live match we will know

Quote Originally Posted by Jeroen Klerk View Post
    So which tactics i use on the 3-2-3-2? And which tactic when i switch to 3-1-3-1-2?
    We were talking about 3-2-3-2 as DR DC DL DMC DMC ML MC MR ST ST.. this would be Normal with mixed focus and mixed passing
    zonal defense with counters on.
    blue arrows on DMC-DMC and reds on ML MR
    Switching to attacking you would have to sub 1 DMC with an AMC(red arrow) mixed or short passing would work good there.
    DR DC DL DMC ML MC MR AMC ST ST..

The 3-2-3-2 that you probabbly meant is DC DC DC DML DMR MC MC MC ST ST ? That would be a defensive thru the middle with short passing and and zonal marking, force counter attacks on.
    P.S: Those are more complex formations to understand and i wouldnt suggest you to use them in the begining.
    Simply go with 4-4-2/4-5-1Vstyle or a 4-1-2-1-2 Diamond.

Road to the Treble & How to win the Cup: http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...xt-season.html
    Top 10 Formations & Tactics Guide:http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...ics-guide.html
    Those guides are based on my personal experience and other managers suggestion/feedback

Quote Originally Posted by BeckStar View Post
    We were talking about 3-2-3-2 as DR DC DL DMC DMC ML MC MR ST ST.. this would be Normal with mixed focus and mixed passing
    zonal defense with counters on.
    blue arrows on DMC-DMC and reds on ML MR
    Switching to attacking you would have to sub 1 DMC with an AMC(red arrow) mixed or short passing would work good there.
    DR DC DL DMC ML MC MR AMC ST ST..

The 3-2-3-2 that you probabbly meant is DC DC DC DML DMR MC MC MC ST ST ? That would be a defensive thru the middle with short passing and and zonal marking, force counter attacks on.
    P.S: Those are more complex formations to understand and i wouldnt suggest you to use them in the begining.
    Simply go with 4-4-2/4-5-1Vstyle or a 4-1-2-1-2 Diamond.
    I play now for 1.5 years. Suddenly since this season i almost lose ever match. I ended 12th !!! I like the game but now when im losing a lot i dont think its fun anymore. So i hope you can help me make me champ again?

Rookie
    Sorry for coming to this thread late, Beck - nice one. What are your thoughts on man to man? I see you generally prefer man to man with these formations you've shared (6 to 4). I'm in Season 9 (edited: forgot to count this new season, had said 8) so I still have A LOT to learn but I've been favoring man to man the past two seasons, almost 100% of the time. I dominate my league and champions league but struggle much more in the Cup (edit, added comment: Season 8 I competed in level 11 Cup and lost in the quarterfinals). On the surface, it would seem to suggest that I need to use zonal against these stronger opponents to see if I get better results. Zonal vs man to man is at the top of my mind currently. How do you choose one over another? I couldn't see a pattern in your suggested orders for these tactics. I personally think the man to man keeps me more competitive in Cup than I would otherwise be had I instead used zonal. I think the Cup opponents are more mature managers that are just better able to stick to their own base formation and can see and adjust to my arrows/tactics rather than simply choosing counter tactics based on my formation alone like similar levels and lower will deploy against me. But I'm a newbie compared to you and many others on the forum that I respect and look up to. Would appreciate your thoughts (and thoughts for anyone else too, of course!) - Thanks!
    Last edited by Adam T. Brown; 10-23-2015 at 06:58 AM. Reason: clarifications noted
    Breached Protocol - look hard enough and you'll find one, somewhere, everywhere
    Season: 17. Level: 16.
    Competitions won: 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16. Runner-up: 4
    Champions League won: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 13, 14, 16. Third: 15
    Cups won: 2 [Level 3], 4 [L6], 10 [L13], 14 [L17], 16[L19]. Runner-up: 7 [L9], 11 [L14], 15[L18]. Third: 6 [L8].
    TRIPLE CROWNS: 14, 16

Quote Originally Posted by Adam T. Brown View Post
    Sorry for coming to this thread late, Beck - nice one. What are your thoughts on man to man? I see you generally prefer man to man with these formations you've shared (6 to 4). I'm in Season 9 (edited: forgot to count this new season, had said 8) so I still have A LOT to learn but I've been favoring man to man the past two seasons, almost 100% of the time. I dominate my league and champions league but struggle much more in the Cup (edit, added comment: Season 8 I competed in level 11 Cup and lost in the quarterfinals). On the surface, it would seem to suggest that I need to use zonal against these stronger opponents to see if I get better results. Zonal vs man to man is at the top of my mind currently. How do you choose one over another? I couldn't see a pattern in your suggested orders for these tactics. I personally think the man to man keeps me more competitive in Cup than I would otherwise be had I instead used zonal. I think the Cup opponents are more mature managers that are just better able to stick to their own base formation and can see and adjust to my arrows/tactics rather than simply choosing counter tactics based on my formation alone like similar levels and lower will deploy against me. But I'm a newbie compared to you and many others on the forum that I respect and look up to. Would appreciate your thoughts (and thoughts for anyone else too, of course!) - Thanks!
    Hey Adam, that's great question and im sure not many have the knowledge about the game to give you a corect answer.
    In general Man to man gets you higher tackle number and that's good most of the times.
    Stopping their attack right away.. this would make your defense better but also make players lose more condition.
    However against stronger teams i would be careful.. since instead of tackle this could generate more fouls.. and that's dangerouse.
    Going zonal is safer, going Man to man is risky.

If you've got players in the right position to cover opponent's attack then go with Man to man
    for example: He is playing 4-4-2 Diamond (dmc mc mc amc) and you've got 4-5-1 V style, you could use Man to man and put blue arrow on DC DC and DMC to cover his attackers better.

p.s:I'm at work right now so i can't come up with more examples and explaining but i'll do that in few hours
    I'll check the top formations and try to explain every setting and the reason why it should be set this way.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast