Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Counter attack

your defenders will force counter attacks either you gave them red or blue or no arrows at all, what arrows mean is the "mentality", you are giving your "defenders" attacking mentalities, that's a crisis! your defenders will have their minds on the opponents goal, this means they will not defend as they are supposed to, that's a crime in football

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyway if this works for you so be it stick to it, I am just telling others so they are not misguided.

Oh as you say sir.
    Bannedlike(forced)//for just posting guides and winning 1 league in 21 seasons without knowing reason..

I am not here to misguide anyone rather than you are doing others
    Bannedlike(forced)//for just posting guides and winning 1 league in 21 seasons without knowing reason..

Quote Originally Posted by Ramy View Post
    your defenders will force counter attacks either you gave them red or blue or no arrows at all, what arrows mean is the "mentality", you are giving your "defenders" attacking mentalities, that's a crisis! your defenders will have their minds on the opponents goal, this means they will not defend as they are supposed to, that's a crime in football

Don't use word defenders
    Look these words in post:You can put defender to red arrows not defenders. ahaha see before posting.

Red arrows do not send central defenders charging at goal. It's a little difficult to explain.

Imagine you are Arsenal and you are facing West Brom. West Brom will have all defenders and midfielders and striker in their own half sitting back and tightening up when off the ball so that would make it more difficult to break down. Now say you have a left back moving up to a wide wing back position and a right back between central defenders and right midfielder waiting in space to receive the ball. Blue arrows (down) on your CBs will have them solely focus on defence. They won't look for space or an opportunity, just sit deep to avoid counters.

Now imagine 1 CB has a red arrow (up) he'll come forward most likely standing in line with opposition striker and play a pass to a player in space. A lot of defenders do this in real life when there are just not enough midfielders deep enough to orchestrate an attack. There is a slight risk of being countered but I think they help keep possession more and help pressing opponent.

That's what I mean to say in post.Counter attack is not possible without DMC or DC support.

You win some, you lose some. The best team doesn't always win.

Quote Originally Posted by Abhinavsharma View Post
    That's what I mean to say in post.Counter attack is not possible without DMC or DC support.
    Agreed but if I had to chose, I'd rather support come from a CB rather than a DMC as I like sweeping midfielders to have that balance between attacking and defending. MCs get sucked in, having a DMC without arrow supports the midfield and doesn't take his eye off opponents. Especially if they have AMC.

Should I ignore my Assistant Coach telling me during matches to force counter attacks when I'm playing with an attacking mentality?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast