Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By gizzmo

Thread: Worth the vent thread ? CL schedule !!

Famous

Worth the vent thread ? CL schedule !!

Sorry, I know this is not going to change a thing but my triple crown decider CL final has been scheduled at 4.30 am tomorrow. I am just pissed off and I know there is nothing to do to change it. My Vietnamese opponent is already smiling waiting for me with his numerous fans to steal the trophy away from me. And even if I win, I think I would have been deprived of my success. This is really a disgrace.

Famous
    What is your time zone?

Famous
    GMT+1. sorry but the thread was not posted in the good section of the forum.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by gizzmo View Post
    GMT+1........
    Anyway, I agree that it is not fair. I think the game is held around noon in Vietnam.

This arrangement is weird. I am also from Asia. Usually my matches against European teams are held from late afternoon to evening before midnight. These hours are also day time in Europe. It is fair because people in both sides are usually awake at those times. I feel that this hidden rule of scheduling slightly change in this season. On the other hand, I also saw unfair scheduling e.g. All my 6 CL group stage matches in this season are exactly 3 hours apart from my league match on same day. The staff arranges for scheduling is very lazy to make the schedule fair in this season. Honestly speaking, I think it is completely unacceptable. But I don't complain because attention was on new version in this season.

Famous
    Thanks for your moral support. I think the time schedule is mathematically made by a computer who just does not sleep himself. The only rule he follows is making sure there is a 3 hour gap between 2 games.
    Anyway, I chose ot wake up in the middle of the night and won. With great difficulty. Too bad for my work's day but happy anyway.
    motrin and cookizzz like this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by gizzmo View Post
    Thanks for your moral support. I think the time schedule is mathematically made by a computer who just does not sleep himself. The only rule he follows is making sure there is a 3 hour gap between 2 games.
    Anyway, I chose ot wake up in the middle of the night and won. With great difficulty. Too bad for my work's day but happy anyway.
    I don't think fixture scheduling is fully handled by computer. I guess that Nordeus will use a computer to try to generate a fixture list (otherwise, fixture scheduling is impossible to complete within a few hours) but some manual adjustments may be necessary.

In case a manager arranges a lot of friendly matches, it is possible that the computer cannot generate a fixture time which can match 3 hour separation rule, . In such case, I guess Nordeus staff wil have no choice but manually cancel some of the friendly matches.

In some season, I added a few friendly matches on Day 3 in order to prevent some undesired match time close to my CL matches or match time overlapping with players' condition recovery times. I still left many possible time for league fixtures. However, in these cases, Nordeus staff seemed feeling unhappy about me, and arranged a lot of pairs of matches with 3 hours apart. But they did not not make all time gaps exactly 3 hours. Most of these slightly longer but my players can only rest for once and recover only 5% between 2 matches.

They never make all my 6 CL group stage matches exactly 3 hours apart from my league match on same day before this season. The staff was lazy in this season, I think.