Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Best training drills

This is quite simple really , you believe what you believe for whatever reasons you believe it and so be it. I believe what I believe for whatever reasons I believe it. What I do know is I am having success doing what I am doing , same as you having success doing what your doing and lets leave it at that. You really dont want to know about any idea that challenges your accepted wisdom and thats fine with me , I really dont care that much about your feelings on the matter to be honest.

Strength v speed to win control of the ball............of course its not that simple but I didnt think you would need to be spoonfed every detail. Lets assume the A player has good/great skills in such items as dribbling and speed and creativity but is weak in strength and aggression, lets also assume the D player has good tackling, positioning, strength and aggression but is weak in speed. In open field space the A player will use superior speed to defeat the D player however in close situations the D player will be able to nullify the speed advantage and use superior strength and aggression to effectively push ( poor choice of word I know) the A player off the ball and take control of the situation on more occasions.

Best training drills-bluestacks_screenshot.jpg

This is a player I am building up , as you can see I am advancing his white skills but I am also enhancing certain gray skills such as speed and passing. I am having good success with defenders who can not only stop an opponent but then start the attack from deep.
    You may say I am wasting my time and that is your opinion to which you are entitled but I know that the semi mutant attackers I come up against these days dont really worry me anymore because of defenders with speed and passing skill to shift the ball upfield in a good manner. Each to their own theory I guess and until I see overwhelming evidence that what I am doing is not working I will continue on my merry way. Should that evidence become apparent then I will reassess the situation and it may be you are right and I am wrong , time will tell that story.

In the meantime , good luck to you and I hope you achieve your goals.
    Last edited by John Grant; 03-31-2018 at 12:37 AM.

Apprentice
    ok, look...
    no need to be that passive-aggressive, it's a feckin game we are discussing.
    I know nothing and have no pre-formed opinions, still learning. however, find it hard to accept advice that can not be proved, findings and results that can not be replicated.
    ok? can we move on?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Grant View Post
    ..... In open field space the A player will use superior speed to defeat the D player however in close situations the D player will be able to nullify the speed advantage and use superior strength and aggression to effectively push ( poor choice of word I know) the A player off the ball and take control
    again, if talking about real thing (really, where from mate?) I see positioning as solution. if you read A well and place yourself as a D in that path, no need for chasing or pushing. but as you said, to each their own.

This is a player I am building up ,
    You may say I am wasting my time and that is your opinion ...
    I also find it hard to belive that Grays do not matter. or whites, or S.A. or morale or whatever, according to some well experienced managers.
    somehow contradicts common sence, doesn't it?
    but let's see people further down that equal skill road: this is my mate's leauge:
    Best training drills-standings.jpg

now worst team's lineup:
    Best training drills-pushy-1.jpg
    Best training drills-pushy-2.jpg

and worst team's lowest Q player:
    Best training drills-silva.jpg

my friend is second in that league with same Q team as a winner, same Q as last placed A.C. Pushy we have seen. believe me, every team in that leauge is absolutely
    top to bottom filled with such players

my (rookie) conclusion (based on this alone) would be that however advanced you are, game will match you with equals. so, after certain point, why bother to spend time and cash.
    that said, obviously there are people like my mate that make it work in such environment. but it's not any set of player's skills that sets them apart.

I would like to renew this thread as it is important and informative.
    So, what are your daily trainings for 10%. Do you use 2x ?
    Personally I'm using : WarmUp, Stretch, Video, Piggy, Skill Drill, Pass Go And Shoot until I reach 10% without using 2x.
    EastsiderSG likes this.
    !!! And From The Ashes He Was Reborn !!!

Quote Originally Posted by iptables View Post
    Personally I'm using : WarmUp, Stretch, Video, Piggy, Skill Drill, Pass Go And Shoot until I reach 10% without using 2x.
    I use exactly the same approach, same drills. 6.75% condition loss used 4 times can get everything up to 10%. Seems the be the most efficient way of doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by iptables View Post
    Very interesting! good idea and thread
    I use the same drills as you when i have 2 matches and i am using my bench for 1 of the matches. 4* till 10% without 2x on bench.
    Since i am out of cup, days with only 1 match i use Shalom dribble, wing play, stop the attacker, use your head, warm up and stretch 4 times on bench.
    Its more comprehensive and cost 48 condition which is how much we recover in a day. i only train like this on bench, starting 11 i scrutinise and manually train whites. And i stopped using the 2x since the 24 hour rule came about. I cant time it well enough and i wanna train before my match
    Last edited by EastsiderSG; 03-25-2019 at 02:49 PM.
    iptables likes this.

hello, but before a very important match for example a champion league final what is the best traing to get the best performance team?
    often it happens that at the most important matches my team has a low performance..

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    you are not doing extra training before some semi/final .
    Only to get the 4X10% bonus.
    The set of 6 drills easy/very easy in 3 categories , using the X2 free video button.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

nikolgiorgos first of all thanks for your answer but i dont understand what you mean extra bonus could you make an example, please?
    also this ... The set of 6 drills easy/very easy in 3 categories , using the X2 free video button.thanks for your answer

The training for x10 bonus is this:

Best training drills-screenshot_1.jpg

or this:

Best training drills-screenshot_2.jpg

Nikologiorgos said about extra training not extra bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
    The training for x10 bonus is this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	122405