Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nikolgiorgos

Thread: Increasing shot on target ratio

Rookie

Increasing shot on target ratio

Hi all!

Had another disappointing cup final result this afternoon. Stats were quite evenly matched except for his shot on target ratio was like 20 shots to 12 on target. Mine was 17 shots to 4 on target.

I've been playing for about 6 months and attend 95% of my games and have tweaked formations, tactics, using players in positions that suite their stats etc and all aspects of my game have improved except for this one darned thing. I cannot for the life of me get my shot ratio up. Sometimes i will have a random game where its great but against quality opponents its just dire. I could say its just how it goes against good defences but my own defence averages around 115% skill come end of season with a flat 4 backline. Other managers with lesser strikers can enjoy high ratios against mine. This is the case with 3 striker, 2 striker or 1 striker formations.

I'm familiar with all the features in the iPhone App and have experemented with them all but can't figure this one aspect out. I'm 0-4 in cup finals with all ending 1-2 against me. In each instance opposing manager had an equal or weaker offense compared to my mid and defence.

Also, does anyone else have an issue with conceding penalties around 75% of the games when honours or the first place position is on the line. This is another killer for me big time regardless of tackle settings.

Thanks!

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by CobhArsenalFC View Post
    Hi all!

Had another disappointing cup final result this afternoon. Stats were quite evenly matched except for his shot on target ratio was like 20 shots to 12 on target. Mine was 17 shots to 4 on target.

I've been playing for about 6 months and attend 95% of my games and have tweaked formations, tactics, using players in positions that suite their stats etc and all aspects of my game have improved except for this one darned thing. I cannot for the life of me get my shot ratio up. Sometimes i will have a random game where its great but against quality opponents its just dire. I could say its just how it goes against good defences but my own defence averages around 115% skill come end of season with a flat 4 backline. Other managers with lesser strikers can enjoy high ratios against mine. This is the case with 3 striker, 2 striker or 1 striker formations.

I'm familiar with all the features in the iPhone App and have experemented with them all but can't figure this one aspect out. I'm 0-4 in cup finals with all ending 1-2 against me. In each instance opposing manager had an equal or weaker offense compared to my mid and defence.

Also, does anyone else have an issue with conceding penalties around 75% of the games when honours or the first place position is on the line. This is another killer for me big time regardless of tackle settings.

Thanks!
    We're both experiencing the same dilemma, but disappointingly, I'm as close to finding a solution to this as you

Sent from my Snokor Z5000 using Tapatalk

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    you can't do anything specific about SoT or efficiency.
    It's the result of a mix : formation/orders/quality/luck/coaching
    It's trying to be the "logical" explanation of the game calculations.
    Talk2Stanley likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Hi Cobh....
    I don't tend to worry about my SoT ratio, but against harder opposition I have found that putting an extra DMC between def and mid, having wingers and fullbacks on an offensive mode (dark arrows up) as well as same for lone striker (4-1-4-1).
    Also, in-game I will swap wing players (if both are able to do so), and use mostly Possession in the bonuses.
    Often I will then go to a more attacking formation around 80 mins, by losing a MC and replacing him with an AMC, and going 4-1-3-1-1...spreading your three midfielders evenly with one in middle, one wide each side.
    Don't be afraid to go out all attack in these last "10 minutes" either, and try the Conditioning bonus for the same period.
    Good luck!