Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Assistant manager’s in-game comments : Truth or Troll ?

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by zeffri79 View Post
    i heard one more text from A.M. (your opponent know you play Counterattack)..something like that if i not wrong..please correct me if wrong text. What should we do Nik.
    Yeah. This one always does my head in. If after all these seasons I still don't know how to stop counterattacks, how the hell does the opposition?

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    When we set an order, that doesn't mean that the game will follow those exact orders without any derogation.
    We 're not Diego Simeone, start kicking ass or slapping the players who didn't obey - lol
    Meaning that even if we have set defense- no counter -short passing, there is a moment that the game will give us a chance for a counter attack after a long pass.
    (specially if oppo is attacking and doesn't have any DM position).

4-5-1 v, defense/counters/flank (but mix pass, not long) I would say that is my favorite formation (even if playing vs weaker teams).
    So, if my a.m. says "our counters don't work", I remove them.
    I also check the rates of my wingers and the rates of oppo DL-DR.
    Maybe I 'll make a sub or switch to normal

A good counter for oppo counters is to set mtm marking (and of course to have a DMC).
    Maybe to set back arrows to your defenders but rarely I use them.
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 06-08-2017 at 03:43 PM.
    zeffri79 and dsio like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    When we set an order, that doesn't mean that the game will follow those exact orders without any derogation.
    We 're not Diego Simeone, start kicking ass or slapping the players who didn't obey - lol
    Meaning that even if we have set defense- no counter -short passing, there is a moment that the game will give us a chance for a counter attack after a long pass.
    (specially if oppo is attacking and doesn't have any DM position).

4-5-1 v, defense/counters/flank (but mix pass, not long) I would say that is my favorite formation (even if playing vs weaker teams).
    So, if my a.m. says "our counters don't work", I remove them.
    I also check the rates of my wingers ad the rates of oppo DL-DR.
    Maybe I 'll make a sub or switch to normal

A good counter for oppo counters is to set mtm marking (and of course to have a DMC).
    Maybe to set back arrows to your defenders but rarely I use them.
    I had remove counterattack too when A.M said YOUR OPPONENT KNOW HOW TO STOP COUNTERATTACK. its useful when play with Defensive / no counter / mixed passing. My team still can score goal. One thing, I have no idea how to setup the ARROW when playing with 4-5-1V. I use Up arrow for AML, AMR and down arrow for 2 DC. Sometimes I change no arrow to AML, AMR and I Up arrow for DL, DR or both wingback and AML,AMR had arrow.

So, my question: Can I play with same arrow setting for any formation?
    SZRilex FC

I use Up arrow for AML, AMR and down arrow for 2 DC. Sometimes I change no arrow to AML, AMR and I Up arrow for DL, DR or both wingback and AML,AMR had arrow.
    I do the same,
    Really don't know - lol

From my experience, I would say it is probably like what Nik said - the A.M is like someone peeking into the opponents orders and so on, and giving you hints. During a period (early times of the assistant manager), the advice were more reliable - reliable in terms of positive effect in the match. A.M gives you an advice, you follow and you are rewarded. Another advice, you follow, and you are rewarded. Nowadays, it seems that the effect is less, and also many changes done in respect to the A.M advice go like unnoticeable and some even make things worst. In the case fixed results or pre-determined results, whatever you will be doing according to the assistant advice would be like pressing on the keys on a keyboard of which the cable has not been plugged.

There are some things that are really annoying though. For example, the A.M tells you to do A, and then the very next advice is to remove A. Examples are as follows. An advice in the game, is not to tackle hard, and then later tells you to tackle hard. First advice of a match, the opponent knows how to stop our counter-attacks, and then the very next advice: our fast players could break down the opponent's defence if we use counter-attacks. It is understandable that some instructions change as a game proceeds and may be the opposite of what was appropriate early in a match, but it cannot change that quick (between one advice and another - few minutes), and that too when you are playing against a team whose manager is not present (unless something else is changing the orders of the opposing team).

Another annoying thing is when you have a plan, and started the game with the plan, and you have to go completely against the plan because of the A.M and that only resulted to an undesirable match result.
    Last edited by Tactician; 06-17-2017 at 08:20 AM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

There are some things that are really annoying though. For example, the A.M tells you to do A, and then the very next advice remove A. Examples are as follows.
    it's possible that synchronicity can cause this.
    My tip (as for the most important games of the season)
    if you have the app too much time open, few min before the game, close and re-open it.
    zeffri79 likes this.

Niko, can you update the list of the A.M. advices, and how to counter according his advices + explanation on all of them ?
    Thank you in advance.
    !!! And From The Ashes He Was Reborn !!!

from defense+counters, I switched to attack+off side+high pressing+use attack bonus
    no change in formation

Assistant manager’s in-game comments : Truth or Troll ?-improve-attack.jpg
    iptables likes this.

If you have in your mind any other comment, please post
    to examine

* I can see that this thread is old and we had arrows at that time.
    Then the arrows gone and now @ iptables brought this back to surface ...
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 01-19-2019 at 06:56 AM.

Yep, because I feel we need to examine todays AM "magical-weird" advices, and how to understand them in the way we can take the measures

Like for example, a list with all the known AM advices + their meaning explained ( for dummies ).
    2nd thing, explaining the needed change according the given advice from the AM.
    Last edited by iptables; 01-19-2019 at 11:59 AM.
    !!! And From The Ashes He Was Reborn !!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast