Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Assistant manager’s in-game comments : Truth or Troll ?

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar

Assistant manager’s in-game comments : Truth or Troll ?

We all know that assistant manager is an interesting feature of the game, many times it’s broken but some times he can be useful.
    Let’s see which comments we can use and which are troll.

* This is thread based on my personal experience but I hope many other managers can contribute too. It’s more useful for the new players of the game, as the older are familiar with their assistant.

My suggestion is to ignore all the advice of a.m. about Attack/ Defense mode.
    “Our opponent is weaker, let’s go all out attack and finish the job”.
    No, if you were playing defense/counter and got a good result, keep that way.
    If you ‘re loosing 0-1 and a.m. says to go for attack, you may concede another goal from oppo defense/counters orders.
    If you ‘re playing attack/normal , you ‘re winning easily and he ‘s saying to go back in defense, ignore him. Keep that way and maybe you ‘ll increase the score and get better stats for your players.

Many times it seems that he ‘s talking for another game so some comments about the game flow are out of topic. Just ignore.

Also when you ‘re playing the second leg of knock out games, be careful with his comments about who ‘s passing in the next round. Remember the score of the 1st leg and the rules of the game (the away goals matter).

Orders – this is the interesting part.
    Let’s check.

When you ‘re winning and he says to sub some of your best players as the victory is secure, ignore him. Just follow your plans.

When he says to switch to the side were your players perform best, check. If one of your wingers has a good rate and the opponent defender has a bad one, go in orders and choose that side.

Be careful with fouls - Their free-kicks are looking dangerous : that’s a troll.

Usually if oppo is same q or better, I start with defense/counter mix pass. When a.m. saying to try long pass, I switch to that but only if oppo doesn’t have any DM.
    Also check the stats. If passing is bellow 85%, avoid that.

Let’s push forward, give some pressure, … : I switch to high pressure unless I ‘m pleased with the score and don’t want to spend the condition of my players without no reason.

If saying about we are too soft with our opponents (and it has some in game logic), switch to hard tackling.

Off side trap is confusing our players – remove the off-side if it’s active.

I 'll update it.
    If you want to add some more, feel free
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Ya I spent a few games trying to apply the AM's advice & honestly, more often than not, it has backfired. So now, just to avoid confusion - I rarely check it. I find it way more useful to keep an eye on the passing stats & the player ratings.

As you said, especially when it comes to attacking or defensive strategy - completely ignore the AM & trust your own judgment & players. If a certain strategy is giving you wins, don't panic & start changing it around just because you're a goal down or ease off pressure cause you are in the lead.

For fouls, again - simply keep an eye on the fouls stat & modify your orders accordingly. Go easier if conceding too many. Hard, I usually go only if facing equal or stronger opponents.

I'm generally ok with mixed passing - short only if I'm being overrun by the opposition & want to hold possession. Not much of a long pass player. Sometimes the AM's suggestion here of switching to short pass seems to work better. But again, your passing stats should be enough of an indicator for you to make changes or not.

As for pressure, again - I think high pressure is helpful though draining on condition. I rarely change it, even if the manager says otherwise & only if I'm in a confident lead in the 2nd half.

On a side note, Nik - what's your take on high/low pressure. Does it make a significant difference in performance for the increased condition loss?

Also with Offside trap - how useful is it really? I kinda have it on almost always & feel that it works. But don't really have any data to prove otherwise. What do you think?
    Cheers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    zeffri79 and brolly like this.

Apprentice
    "tell the guys to start running and beat those amateurs"
    "we are to soft with them"

what's the true here when my orders are hard attacking, high pressure, hard tackling, m2m, offside trap on ? )
    Elias Kyriakou likes this.
    missing T11 old form

On a side note, Nik - what's your take on high/low pressure. Does it make a significant difference in performance for the increased condition loss?

Also with Offside trap - how useful is it really? I kinda have it on almost always & feel that it works. But don't really have any data to prove otherwise. What do you think?
    well Palash, T11 is a managerial game, gathering sources, build the team and facilities and follow a general plan.
    It's far from being a coaching game .
    One thing you can do is to set up formation and tactics (which is the fourth factor for me)
    and try to find some "keys" during the game.

The Live game is cosmetic, it's just preset visual scenarios.
    Stats also isn't something you can count on it to take decisions.
    Actually there is no coaching based on real football.
    Off side trap is just a button that can reverse a game's calculation.
    Not much logic with real football
    (players in one line,
    a team learning to play off side after practice,
    characteristics of defenders or attackers matter).
    It's just a button and I 'm trying to find some signs , maybe some times from the a.m.

High pressing and mtm marking also has nor relation with real football.
    They are two buttons which take something from your team (more condition) and give something for exchange
    - but not every time.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnymvc View Post
    "tell the guys to start running and beat those amateurs"
    "we are to soft with them"

what's the true here when my orders are hard attacking, high pressure, hard tackling, m2m, offside trap on ? )
    i can see two things
    One is that your a.m, is in another field - lol
    The other is that your orders didn't have any effect in the team
    So remove them, not to spend extra condition without a reason.

It's hard to believe him when he says to use hard press to get the ball back early and then 10 'minutes' later says 'are you sure you want to use hard press this early in the game?'.
    maloukees and LapaLoma like this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

I consider a.m. as a spy who's taking a peek in game's secret calculations.
    Also a program that check the current stats of the match and (randomly) pick some of the weak points of those it can spot.
    So Talisman, in the beginning he spotted that maybe we have fewer shots on target or much less tackling from our oppo and suggested the high pressing.

After some re-calculations of the game flow, he spotted some of the weak points again.
    (Some times it's more than one, some times maybe there isn't, so he speaks generally - Let's beat those amateurs , for example).
    One of them was that our condition is too low for that moment of the game and suggested to remove that.
    A.m. hasn't a general plan in his mind (like we do), just suggesting randomly advice.

...you know ma thoughts related to this man... ...the actual assistant should be sacked and Khris should be the new one.

I offerd myself but...

My way is as follows :

1/ Skip tactical advice from the assistant , Always wrong
    2/ Assertive statements are true
    example : Do you see how long our passes are breaking the enemy's defenses?
    Means playing the ball long right
    3/Questions, suggestions 70% wrong

i heard one more text from A.M. (your opponent know you play Counterattack)..something like that if i not wrong..please correct me if wrong text. What should we do Nik.
    SZRilex FC

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast