Thread: How do I get my strikers to score.

Post How do I get my strikers to score.

Hi, I'm sorry if this was already asked but I have a superleague semi final in a few hours, and i want to know how do i get my striker to score, 90% of my goals are scored by my midfielders. I have a 4-4-2 formation, attacking, mixed passing, mixed passes ( high pressing and man to man only in important matches ), and force counter attacks are on too. And since midfielders aren't as clinical as striker, like in my last match, i got 22 shots but only 7 on target opposed to the opponent's 5 shot and 5 on target. Although for some reason my best striker has 24 assists in 26 games which is insane, but since he's a scout, i want him to score.
    And P.S this has nothing to do with the rest, but is it true if you win the league you keep your stars cuz that would make my preseason waaaaaay better.
    Last edited by Haitoreas; 07-19-2017 at 09:08 AM.

Rookie
    This has been a running complaint for a while, and AMRs&AMLs are known to score more than STs.

Some speculated that one must not forget to train STs in defence to increase their positioning and heading skills.
    Note that the role of individual skills remains disputed.
    My opinion is that some STs score, some don't, however trained they are.

I don't train my players by their role, i train everyone with mixed drills, and i just lost a match i dominated 80% in possession with 10% in every bonus because my players aren't clincal enough. I had more than double the shots he did ( 19 to his 9) but we had the same amount of shots on target (7), and his goalkeeper had 4 saves to my 0 save, i got so mad at the mofo i sacked him.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    leave 4-4-2
    It's a tough formation to play against but not good enough for an active and ambitious manager.
    Choose a formation with AMs (AML-C-R)

here some
    https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...ics-guide.html
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    leave 4-4-2
    It's a tough formation to play against but not good enough for an active and ambitious manager.
    Choose a formation with AMs (AML-C-R)

here some
    https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...ics-guide.html
    Yeah, I have been planning to switch to 4-5-1 v since half of the season. I'm waiting for the season to be over so i can buy the right players for those roles. And I'm gonna have a lot of selling to do too. One quick question please, if you win the league, do you keep your stars ( as in all your players don't lose a star ). Cuz if that the case i could really use a defender now for my super league final tomorrow i have some amazing recommended defenders but the season is 2 days from over. So please answer this as soon as possible thanks.
    And also, I do have an amazing ML and MR, ( both 5 star and one is almost scout ), do u think i should sell them or train a role on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Haitoreas View Post
    Yeah, I have been planning to switch to 4-5-1 v since half of the season. I'm waiting for the season to be over so i can buy the right players for those roles. And I'm gonna have a lot of selling to do too. One quick question please, if you win the league, do you keep your stars ( as in all your players don't lose a star ). Cuz if that the case i could really use a defender now for my super league final tomorrow i have some amazing recommended defenders but the season is 2 days from over. So please answer this as soon as possible thanks.
    And also, I do have an amazing ML and MR, ( both 5 star and one is almost scout ), do u think i should sell them or train a role on them.
    No, all players lose 1 star in % quality after promotion to a higher level, unless a fault happens.

It is waste to buy a player from scouts list or recommendations list late in the season.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-20-2017 at 08:39 AM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)