Sadly I lost in the first leg of the semi-final, 4:3
Now, what made it even worse is that he played a formation I've never encountered before, a weird 4-2-3-1 with no wingers at all, which looks like this:
DL-DC-DC-DR
DMC------DMC
MC---MC---MC
---------ST--------
Now, I thought that I will be able to beat him using this formation:
DL-DC-DC-DR
-------DMC------
ML---MC---MR
-----ST--ST-----
Just before halftime, when I was leading 3-2 (I scored first, he scored 2 goals but then I regained the lead, scoring 2 quick goals), he made a substitution and brought in another striker instead of 1 of his DMCs, changing his formation to a 4-1-3-2 with no wingers, so his team looked like this:
DL-DC-DC-DR
-------DMC-------
MC---MC---MC
-----ST---ST-----
After he changed his formation, I changed mine to a 4-1-4-1 trying to play a little less attacking and more defensive/holding play. I succeeded with it, even though he almost scored.
But, in the final minutes of the game, he substituted a DC for an AMC, changing his formation to 3-1-3-1-2, so his team looked like this:
DL---DC---DR
------DMC------
MC--MC--MC
------AMC------
----ST---ST----
When he did this, I thought I might get the win or at least hold it until the end, but he scored 2 quick goals and I was left frustrated for losing such an important game when I was leading it twice.
These are the highlights of the game:
Important game in the CL semi-final, how do I beat him?-cup-semifinal.jpg

Now, after you know what happened in the first game, his formation for our match stayed a wingless 4-2-3-1, and I seriously need to win this game. I believe I am able to, but I want to know what is the best way to beat him, and if he changes formation again to any one of the ones I mentioned, which formation should I use to counter him?
Here is his team:
Important game in the CL semi-final, how do I beat him?-habana.jpg

Here is my team + tactics:
Important game in the CL semi-final, how do I beat him?-team.jpg
Important game in the CL semi-final, how do I beat him?-tactics.png

Help is truly appreciated
Thanks!