Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Can you beat 10-20% stronger opponents?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by adifairus View Post
    yeah, your 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow diamond will do against your opponent as you said

"in league is 112% and his team formation is 4-2-3-1
    (4 DL-DC-DC-DR) (2 MC) (3 AML-AMC-AML) (1 ST)"
    Can you tell me what tactics should i use?
    is my "hard attacking" mentality ok?or i should change it?
    Where should i focus the passing?i set it through the middle
    What about the passing style?i usually want to have better possession so i'm using short passing but is that fine with the formation?
    The pressing and marking style are both low and zonal
    Force counterattack and offside trap are off
    And the last one is tackling style which i want it to be easy since my players get booked often and i even lose some of my players because of their red cards.

Rookie
    I don't know much about tactics but i really want to get the hang of it

Quote Originally Posted by Mehran View Post
    I don't know much about tactics but i really want to get the hang of it
    to explain all those tactical is too unique to understand, and i also still didnt fully understand it

i can tell you how to use 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow diamond to beat your opponent, maybe you can figure how the tactical work from here.

i) your DMC with down arrow will always mark your opponent AMC
    - so, your opponent don't has DMC, you can put AMC with up arrow. your AMC will flying having fun scoring
    ii) Attacking mentality will make your player focus on attack, it dangerous if your player has low speed in case being counter
    iii) start the match, you should attack through the middle, play short pass, with normal mentality. use possession bonus.
    use high press to always gain possession. zonal marking with normal tackle.
    iv) you dont have flanker, there will be nobody to pass if you focus your passing on flank

this what i will play normally if i use narrow diamond, but you are facing stronger.

if your opponent is stronger, just change to hard attack, there's nothing to lose anyway.

about man to man or zonal marking:
    i) man to man only useful if your defender stronger in the strength and speed with opponent attacker.
    if your player is weaker, another player will not backing up if your player lose. they will focus their marking man.
    not recommended when facing stronger team
    ii) zonal marking, all the player will mark any player that enter their zone, i guess they will help each other.
    because this is what my football coach said to me to help each other, we are playing zonal

------------------------------------
    sorry for my trouble english
    Last edited by adifairus; 10-09-2017 at 12:08 PM.
    oguzkaganaslan likes this.

Rookie
    to explain all those tactical is too unique to understand, and i also still didnt fully understand it

i can tell you how to use 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow diamond to beat your opponent, maybe you can figure how the tactical work from here.

i) your DMC with down arrow will always mark your opponent AMC
    - so, your opponent don't has DMC, you can put AMC with up arrow. your AMC will flying having fun scoring
    ii) Attacking mentality will make your player focus on attack, it dangerous if your player has low speed in case being counter
    iii) start the match, you should attack through the middle, play short pass, with normal mentality. use possession bonus.
    use high press to always gain possession. zonal marking with normal tackle.
    iv) you dont have flanker, there will be nobody to pass if you focus your passing on flank

this what i will play normally if i use narrow diamond, but you are facing stronger.

if your opponent is stronger, just change to hard attack, there's nothing to lose anyway.

about man to man or zonal marking:
    i) man to man only useful if your defender stronger in the strength and speed with opponent attacker.
    if your player is weaker, another player will not backing up if your player lose. they will focus their marking man.
    not recommended when facing stronger team
    ii) zonal marking, all the player will mark any player that enter their zone, i guess they will help each other.
    because this is what my football coach said to me to help each other, we are playing zonal

------------------------------------
    sorry for my trouble english
    Thanks for the explanation now i understand how some of the tactics work.
    So you're saying that if my opponent is stronger than me, i should use"hard attacking" mentality right?
    Wouldn't it be better if i used defensive mentality with force counterattack on?

Thanks for the explanation now i understand how some of the tactics work.
    So you're saying that if my opponent is stronger than me, i should use"hard attacking" mentality right?
    Wouldn't it be better if i used defensive mentality with force counterattack on?
    i mean hard attacking if facing much stronger (>30% than yours) that you don't have any chance to win even you play defensively they may score also, so just play hard attacking, that's what i meant by "nothing to lose" with hard attacking in this case. you may still lose if play defensively, so why not to keep attacking?

anyway, i usually play normal mentality when facing slightly stronger team about 10~20% stronger than me.
    i will put down arrow on my DC, eventhough i know it weird to order your defender to do defending job, you don't have to order their default job.

but, DC with down arrow and OFF offside trap seems works well when facing stronger opponent. maybe because in this case, DC is slower than opponent attacker, so DC with down arrow and OFF offside trap is kind of playsafe, ofcourse with zonal marking.

then i will use 2 MC or more to make sure i don't lost at midfield. i will start the game with short pass and change it during the game depends on the situation. sometimes i will get crucial win and sometimes just draw. to draw with 10~20% stronger team is fine for me.

but, if i face much stronger opponent (>30% than mine), its different story,
    i usually use defensive with counter attack at area the opponent lack of defend.
    but i don't always win with this style. i never tried hard attacking anyway.
    and i will try it someday if i has chance to face the >30% stronger team than mine
    Last edited by adifairus; 10-09-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Rookie
    i mean hard attacking if facing much stronger (>30% than yours) that you don't have any chance to win even you play defensively they may score also, so just play hard attacking, that's what i meant by "nothing to lose" with hard attacking in this case. you may still lose if play defensively, so why not to keep attacking?

anyway, i usually play normal mentality when facing slightly stronger team about 10~20% stronger than me.
    i will put down arrow on my DC, eventhough i know it weird to order your defender to do defending job, you don't have to order their default job.

but, DC with down arrow and OFF offside trap seems works well when facing stronger opponent. maybe because in this case, DC is slower than opponent attacker, so DC with down arrow and OFF offside trap is kind of playsafe, ofcourse with zonal marking.

then i will use 2 MC or more to make sure i don't lost at midfield. i will start the game with short pass and change it during the game depends on the situation. sometimes i will get crucial win and sometimes just draw. to draw with 10~20% stronger team is fine for me.

but, if i face much stronger opponent (>30% than mine), its different story,
    i usually use defensive with counter attack at area the opponent lack of defend.
    but i don't always win with this style. i never tried hard attacking anyway.
    and i will try it someday if i has chance to face the >30% stronger team than mine
    What about the tackling style?i set it easy because i don't want my players to get yellow or red cards but will it make a difference if it's on hard style?

What about the tackling style?i set it easy because i don't want my players to get yellow or red cards but will it make a difference if it's on hard style?
    hard tackling if only you really sure your defender has high tackling skill. (>110%) i believe the higher the tackling skill is the cleaner the tackling he will do.

if your defender has low tackling skill, (<100%) it will end up much foul with cards. in this case your opponent is stronger, so, they may have good freekick taker also that you should avoid.

sometimes your striker or MC or winger with low tackling skill also will do the tackling if you play high press with hard tackling. this will end up of foul with cards

easy tackling means your defender or any player will just pressing the opponent by keep following them without tackling or just blocking, it is good if your defender has fast speed.
    if your defender is a fat weight slow defender, easy tackling is not a good option.

i suggest normal tackling for slower defender with less than 100% tackling skill
    Last edited by adifairus; 10-09-2017 at 03:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12