Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: how do you spread skill points ?

Quote Originally Posted by FC Barcelona View Post
    Really bad. The engine will try to balance your skills
    Yeah but how would you want a good striker without him having heading & positioning ?!!!!
    And since you cant address those without defense as a whole then you will eventually balance all three skills categories.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildinho View Post
    Yeah but how would you want a good striker without him having heading & positioning ?!!!!
    And since you cant address those without defense as a whole then you will eventually balance all three skills categories.
    The point is, you will have to train defense unless you have 20 SP of difference between the highest and the lowest skill, so don't you prefer to have a goleador during the defense training?
    I think a maximum skilled player is more effective than a mid-skilled player
    - My Jersey designs : First | Second | Third -

its always good to have balanced players, there are important skills in Defense for Attackers, and important skills for Defenders under Attack...

Quote Originally Posted by Pupack View Post
    its always good to have balanced players, there are important skills in Defense for Attackers, and important skills for Defenders under Attack...
    I think it depends of your tactic. Let the player do their job btw, train them like you want to, as i said before, that's my way of training them and i do love it, you don't have to follow it
    - My Jersey designs : First | Second | Third -

I wish if we can address each skill on its own.

yup that's what i was thinking And i had done a experiment i added defensive skills to one of my striker and didn't add any defensive skills to my another striker ..played both of them in same matches and coincidently both were on same skill(almost) and at the end of entire season I found the Striker whose defensive skill's were upgraded scored more headers than the other . ( i was present in 90% of games)

I was asking myself this question during the week and thought to comr to the forums to find out if anyone had discussed it at any time. Like most good ideas, I put to the back of my to-do list, where most things get done eventually. lol

Just a day or two ago I observed that most, if not all, of the players on the scout list had almost equal in all three areas of training, barring a point or three between specs. IE, att 35, def 33, p&m 34 for a striker for example.

However, I have since realised that it doesn't matter how the skill points are distributed, as the player quality will rise however the skill points are distributed.

In my opinion a well rounded player is better, but I think it is important to train a player in accordance with any special ability that he might have. No point in training a player with one-one scorer in defence for example, (if that is indeed possible).

Quote Originally Posted by Wildinho View Post
    i had a striker with : 30 defense / 50 attack / 46 mental and he was scoring a lot with header from corners ... so i don`t really believe what is saying there ...

personally I like to keep it balanced, I think there are qualities in defense that attackers need also like Heading and defenders need quite decent Passing, so for example if my ST has 60 in attack I let him have around 55 in physical & mental and 45-50~ in defense. same with DC just switching between attack and defense. the MC I keep really balanced with say 60 attack, 57~ physical and mental and 57~ defense. for GK I have 60 defense, 60 physical and mental and 50~ attack.

I have a question about skill points. If I got some players with skill points without assign, at the end of the season they will be lost???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast