Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Tactical Analyst 1.0 - Excel tool

Great work! I will test it with bot managers trying to equate team % and I'll post my findings (if any). Thank you for your effort.
    Jean.Monico likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Codroipo View Post
    Great work! I will test it with bot managers trying to equate team % and I'll post my findings (if any). Thank you for your effort.
    A good tip is to try it on Associations or Friendly matches.
    For league matches, I feel there are some strange factors that affects your team performance (I called it "crisis") and I believe these factors are not included on friendlies and associations (maybe experienced managers know more about it, i'm just a beginner).
    I have really an awesome record on associations against teams with + or -10% quality, playing under formations from this tool. So that's the reason i believe it's on the right way.
    Anyway, please let me know your findings. I'd love to get help for adjusts and calibration.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangihutan Manik View Post
    I mean with this new update, no arrows and no dml/dmr. So, it will be different result. By the way, this formation layout has been used by the 1st CM, right?
    I think it's not. The first CM i played was CM99. It had some crazy arrows on it. you could make your DR turn into a DL with arrows ;OO

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta Page View Post
    I hope Jean will have new version compliance with TE 2018 soon.
    The hypothesis is not who get more players to mid line anymore.
    I hope it too haha. Yesterday I played a friendly match against Mourinho's team (it was on 4-5-1V) and I tested my DR and DL in the most advanced position (I wanted to suffer some counter attacks through flanks). My full backs looked like DML and DMR up arrows on old version. But well, no counter attacks for Mourinho and I won 6-0.

Anyway, this new version is making me angry. I've got some sort of OCD and even that I try many times, I cant build a symmetrical formation grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrh

I've tried your tool on my league match.

As the tool said.. If I play down the middle my attack rate would be somewhere to.. 93%, If I use mixed would be 84%, and If I use down both flanks 72% or smth like this.

As a normal guy ofc that I started down the middle, mixed passes, offensive mentality, BAM! 0-0 at half time, I passed to down both flanks BAM! 3-0 full time, and I won the match haha.

Now I'm not saying that the tool is not good, but something is wrong with the tool or some factors influenced the game and that's why didn't match up those ''%'', I'll keep trying it to see more.
    Jean.Monico likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cirkat07 View Post
    I've tried your tool on my league match.

As the tool said.. If I play down the middle my attack rate would be somewhere to.. 93%, If I use mixed would be 84%, and If I use down both flanks 72% or smth like this.

As a normal guy ofc that I started down the middle, mixed passes, offensive mentality, BAM! 0-0 at half time, I passed to down both flanks BAM! 3-0 full time, and I won the match haha.

Now I'm not saying that the tool is not good, but something is wrong with the tool or some factors influenced the game and that's why didn't match up those ''%'', I'll keep trying it to see more.

Glad you won! hahaha
    This is something I notice too. This season I have been playing mostly on 4-2-3W-1, a formation which is good down flanks and through the middle. Sometimes, depending on opponent's formation, I play through the middle to have "more chances". And then, until the halftime, nothing. Then I change it to "mixed" or "down both flanks", and then I score.
    Well...hehehe

I have been making records and I can't conclude anything until now - I would like to get some kind of 200 association matches with both present managers and same quality team (+-10%)
    I expect to conclude something like the more % chances you have on this tool, the more shots on target you will have (and it would mean you created more goal chances). Anyway, keep trying and let me know!

Based on 1 match (I'm sorry but it's the only 1 I had so far which was not important/biased by bonuses, etc...) I can say possession calculation is good, not accurate, but it gave me a good hint on how to play. There is a big problem though, and it's feedback from matches: the "live action" shown during matches was already a joke before the patch, now it's even more chaos because it's based on the system read by the game (and I don't think was updated at all).
    For example: I play with a slight asymmetric 3-4-3, with DC/DMC in the middle who pushes forward, wide wingbacks attacking, and narrow winger as inside forward. The game reads it as a 2-2-3-2-1, so my AMR and AML are actually shown playing as AMCs, and if I set them as wide as possible, it doesn't change nothing as of match shown because the system read it's stil the same, and it's linked to some "recorded plays" (of a 3-4-2-1 I think). Possession as shown in statistics do changed a bit but I'm not sure why and I will test this more. As of now I'm thinking of try ex-illegal formations as opposed to standard ones, to evaluate the importance of "rectangular greenness". I crushed a team with same %, by playing possession based attacking football using single players in free from opponent's players cases, and tweaking my other players in crowded zones of the pitch to lighten up the "greenness" as much as possible,. The trick could be doing this, while maintaining a standard formation like 4-3-3 or 4-5-1.
    That's it, good testing to you all.

Thank you.

thanks?

anymore update?

@ Post #13

Don't forget that you could have had players of different strengths.

Can this be partially integrated?
    Last edited by Wingaradijastoc; 11-16-2023 at 06:03 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12