Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By KenoticFC
  • 1 Post By KenoticFC

Thread: Everyone seems to be playing a form of 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 after the update.

Everyone seems to be playing a form of 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 after the update.

what is the state of tactics in your experience after the update. Every team I'm playing against including mine is playing a form of those 2 formations with minor changes. It seems that all formations with 3 defenders are gone.

Too early to say.
    I continue to play 4-5-1V mostly. Against 4-4-2 I used 4-3-3 twice with awesome results.
    It wasn't our day.

Dreamer
    Everyone seems to be playing a form of 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 after the update.-screenshot_20171116-084655.jpg

Even there is no DML/DMR. Or is it there?

No matter how far up the DL/DR are it should be considered a 4 not a 2-2 like in the first case. I don't know what this game thinks, I think that the DML/R position still exists if the game continues to read formations that way. Before the update it was not advised to play with only 2 defenders but now it seems to be OK.
    efan64 likes this.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by KenoticFC View Post
    No matter how far up the DL/DR are it should be considered a 4 not a 2-2 like in the first case. I don't know what this game thinks, I think that the DML/R position still exists if the game continues to read formations that way. Before the update it was not advised to play with only 2 defenders but now it seems to be OK.
    I agree.

In the old version a formation like this was illegal, now it's ok. LOL

But it's not real, and I can't understand how these formations can win the matches with only two defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by KenoticFC View Post
    what is the state of tactics in your experience after the update. Every team I'm playing against including mine is playing a form of those 2 formations with minor changes. It seems that all formations with 3 defenders are gone.
    Nope, when you move a fullback (DL/DR) up the field they become a wingback (DML/DMR). This is why the rectangle for DR/DL also fills the position near the MR/ML positions. Move the players past the defensive box you get a DMR/DML, and also gain some Midfield Possession, move them back and you gain defensive protection. It's all up to you. I've seen players (my next opponent actually) put the DR/DL right in the middle of the where the DC and DMC blocks intercept it (the center of the DR/DL block). Sort of like a balanced Attack and defend role. When you have a wingback (DMR/DML), this player is counted as part of the mid, in reality they even sometimes run into mid with the ball. I have seen some count a back 3 with 2 wingbacks as a back 5, since when defending that's what they look like, a back 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Iridensys View Post
    I agree.

In the old version a formation like this was illegal, now it's ok. LOL

But it's not real, and I can't understand how these formations can win the matches with only two defenders.
    It is real, teams have been winning with 2 back for a very long time now lol. When the fullbacks (DR/DL) run forward, during counter attacks especially, they leave their defensive positions. You'll notice that when a team plays with wingbacks (DMR/DML) or fullbacks (think Marcelo, Carvajal. Of course, nowadays they are fullbacks who have offensive tendencies, but anywho...) that are offensively minded, you'll notice that there are only two defenders at the back. It's quite common too in the modern game. So teams can win with only 2 defenders, it's just very dangerous, especially when there are two strikers against the 2 center backs (DC). This is why some teams find it more beneficial to play a 3 back formation, which add the extra layer of protection at the back, whilst the wingers a set free to attack as much as they want (think Arsenal last season, 2016/17).

I usually play a back 4 against a team with 1 striker, and a back 3 against a team with 2 strikers, but i think I'm going to move off a little to something a little bit more risky.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitanga Nday View Post
    Nope, when you move a fullback (DL/DR) up the field they become a wingback (DML/DMR). This is why the rectangle for DR/DL also fills the position near the MR/ML positions. Move the players past the defensive box you get a DMR/DML, and also gain some Midfield Possession, move them back and you gain defensive protection. It's all up to you. I've seen players (my next opponent actually) put the DR/DL right in the middle of the where the DC and DMC blocks intercept it (the center of the DR/DL block). Sort of like a balanced Attack and defend role. When you have a wingback (DMR/DML), this player is counted as part of the mid, in reality they even sometimes run into mid with the ball. I have seen some count a back 3 with 2 wingbacks as a back 5, since when defending that's what they look like, a back 5.
    Most of what you said is just in theory but there is absolutely no proof. A lot of us are having problems where MC are playing as wingers and so on.
    Iridensys likes this.