Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Guide to win 4-4-2

Guide to win 4-4-2

Hi Guys, I played with 4-4-2 today with 3-2-2-2-1B formation in a first leg champions league match. I lost 3-0, my first loss of the season. Very painful. Can someone help me with a counter formation to overturn this result. As at the time we were playing, I had 123% and my opponent had 121%. I played Hard Defending, through the middle, Short, Counter, Low, Hard tackle, zonal marking and No Offside. After a while, I changed to 3N-4-1-2 and Attacking, I conceded more. Kindly help me game-changing advice. Thanks

i always use motivated 4-5-1 V when against 4-4-2 opponent, always win even to stronger opponent,

i don't really know how it works, but it always work for me. maybe it's because you will get stronger at midfield area by using motivated 4-5-1 V

motivated 4-5-1 V means set your DMC and AML/R location as higher as they can,

as default : just play normal mentality, mixed pass at mixed area, high press

but in your case, you already lost 3-0 in 1st leg, so just keep attacking in 2nd leg.

play attacking mentality, use attacking training bonus, give maximum wining bonus to your players (only for this match)

im not really sure if winning bonus can help, but it's not about money for you now, just do whatever you can do.

mixed pass at mixed area, high press with ON offside trap.

try to get as much goal as you can

this is some screenshots of my Misery team against slight stronger 4-4-2 opponent

Guide to win 4-4-2-screenshot_20170908-182510-1.jpg

Guide to win 4-4-2-screenshot_20170908-182521-2.jpg

Guide to win 4-4-2-screenshot_20170908-184108-3.jpg
    Last edited by adifairus; 11-26-2017 at 01:01 PM.

Thank you. Will try to use this approach. Hoping that I can scale through with this

all the best, hope you can turn the result..

and don't be so upset if you can't.. we still doesn't know how the match engine actually works after this new update

I wonder why do people start with such strange orders, like Hard Defending, Short passes and Hard tackling. Why?
    From my experience it is much better to start with everything Normal/Mixed/Off and change them when you see how the game goes. I mean, sometimes it is reasonable to start with Attacking or Defensive mentality, or use c-attacks from the beginning, or even M2M, but using such specific orders all together like those I mentioned above... I just don't understand. It makes your team stiff. I believe that's why you've lost: you can't react adequately on what happens on the field.
    You've chosen a very narrow tactics and got yourself countered.
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 11-26-2017 at 08:43 PM.
    It wasn't our day.

What about if the opponent used 4-2-2-2, instead of 4-4-2 that I mentioned earlier. What should I do

Dude, if you face any opponent which has 4 or less players in the middle-defensive zone, you can counter all of them with some sort of 4-1-2N-1-2 or 4-3N-3N through the middle.
    I'm saying you can counter 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, 4-2-3-1, 4-2-2-2, 4-3W-1-2, 4-1-2W-1-2 and so on. The middle of these formations are weak.

Just take care of your flanks, cause on both formations i suggested they are terrible. Score your necessary goals and set your MCs wide open, closer to the edge

I won 3-1 but still crashed. Thank you all for your contributions. It was really useful
    Jean.Monico likes this.

What formation did you use? What instructions?
    Can you take a screenshot of match numbers? Let's analyze it )

I started the game with 4-3-1-2 with all attacking, high pressure, normal, counter off, offside on, hard tackle. He scored immediately the game started and I was struggling to equalize. I heightened my attacking prowress to hard attacking. I was only able to equalize in the 2nd half. After a while, he changed to 4-4-1-1, then I changed to 3-5-2, then he changed to 5-4-1. I was able to score two more till the last minute. I attacked through the middle. Will share the screenshot in a short while
    Jean.Monico likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast