Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Why my Striker not score enough

Question Why my Striker not score enough

I need help, My striker not scoring, he just pass the ball to another player into the box. I tried to change formation. Normally i use 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-2-1
    Here i attached my striker Skills Screenshot

Why my Striker not score enough-screenshot-2017-12-13-20.11.57.jpg

Strikers in this game usually don't score as good as AM* players. Use search, there is a gazillion of threads about this.
    KenoticFC likes this.
    It wasn't our day.

actually your striker didn't pass the ball, that was intercepted and clear by the defender

Apprentice
    My strikers score. I play two. Plus my ML and MR score. Last season the four scored 180 goals, winning the League, CL and Cup.

which formation you are using

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by shaifshahin View Post
    which formation you are using
    Most the time 4 4 2. I will shift into 4 2 2 2.

Since you' seem new I'm gonna tell you the hard truth. I suggest you finish your One on one special ability since you are halfway there, but it won't make much difference I have tried giving SA to many players with little to no effect. Only players with existing special abilities seem to make a difference (the ones you buy from market , scouts, negotiations etc)
    Like Toxcatl said the ST not scoring enough problem is very common. You shouldn't worry as long as he gets good grades above 7 and your team is winning. A bad player can't be transformed into a good player, it is best to change him. Next time don't waste packs on players that you think are bad instead buy a new one and invest those on him or on your currently good ones.
    Jean.Monico likes this.

Famous
    Strikers aren't as bad as most the top 11 community thinks they are. What exactly causes them to click or fail, we'll never probably be able to find an agreement on. What I can tell you is, I have had no problems getting my strikers to score. The first player here Maxim Agapov has 32 goals and 15 assists through 18 games. The 2nd player, Nicholas was my leading scorer each of the last two season (won treble both those seasons too ).

What I do is

1. For strikers, focus on soft attributes, I can't change (height, weight and dominant foot). I know the general consensus is these things are cosmetics. I don't believe that to be the 100% the case, although I doubt they make a huge impact. But if they do (I think they do), ST, DC are the positions where they will. Height to help win the ball in the air; weight to help with the positioning and strength task of sealing off defenders in the battle to win positioning and get to the ball. These skills however are far less important to midfielders and wing backs.

2. Focus on the skills that will help win the ball in traffic (strength, positioning, heading), and the ability to take advantage of the ability to win the ball (shooting and finishing). Speed and Dribbling are important too, but "shooting technique" and "use your head" should be prioritized first. Positioning especially is a real nuisance to train, but is very important for a striker. Agapov is still needs work there.

3. Have a set-piece beast that is great at free kicks and corners. If the free-kick taker can't deliver a good free-kick/cross into the box, the striker can't take advantage. Likewise, a striker that can't take advantage of a good free-kick/cross is a problem.

Lastly, have a good free kick and corner kick takers. Striker can't score if they can't deliver a good free kick/cross into the box to give the striker the opportunity to score.

Why my Striker not score enough-1-association3.jpgWhy my Striker not score enough-1-association4.jpgWhy my Striker not score enough-1-association5.jpg

The 2nd player here, was my leading scorer each of the last two seasons. This season he doesn't play, as my formation is 4-5-1v and I have had no reason to change yet this season.

Why my Striker not score enough-1-association.jpgWhy my Striker not score enough-1-association1.jpg
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 12-20-2017 at 12:08 PM.
    Level 40 Manager

Quote Originally Posted by KenoticFC View Post
    Since you' seem new I'm gonna tell you the hard truth. I suggest you finish your One on one special ability since you are halfway there, but it won't make much difference I have tried giving SA to many players with little to no effect. Only players with existing special abilities seem to make a difference (the ones you buy from market , scouts, negotiations etc)
    I think I will disagree here. I made this experience with my ST. He was generally assisting more than scoring.
    I trainned 1-on-1 scorer SA in this player and saved his numbers.
    Before, he had 87 matches, 48 goals → 0,55 goals per match.
    Now he has 14 matches, 14 goals → 1 goal per match.
    Its a huge difference!
    Why my Striker not score enough-01.jpg
    Why my Striker not score enough-02.jpg
    Last edited by Jean.Monico; 12-20-2017 at 01:42 PM.
    KenoticFC and FC Dacia Terra like this.
    --
    I am playing against the randomness. And the randomness is winning by far.

And right now, he scored 4 goals in 1 match. I never had a striker scoring so much ;O
    --
    I am playing against the randomness. And the randomness is winning by far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast