Thread: How to counter opponent formations

How to counter opponent formations

Many times i face stronger oppnent with attacking mentality and offside trap, my question for experienced managers is how to counter that. Defensive counter on long pass or possession game normal mentality and short pass. I choosed many times long pass to break offside trap and not work i need your advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    def/counters/short

but if oppo is not present or some abandoned team, can't help much.
    It's just the decision of the mechanics to punish you with offside.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

I will try short passes against offside traps, but short pass with counter on not work most of time. Defensive mentality with counter attacks better works with long pass or mixed pass. It’s a proplem really

Famous
    What are your morale, condition, win bonus and training bonuses at?

I ask because using long passes against an attacking manager is the correct thing to do tactically. Maybe apply a high press and force counter-attacks would work here. Change of mentality perhaps as well.

It could be an internal programming of the players problem too which unfortunately can cause you to struggle even if you have the tactics correct.

Offside trap: Sorry but i'm not sure what exactly this is doing in bug 11.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    What are your morale, condition, win bonus and training bonuses at?

I ask because using long passes against an attacking manager is the correct thing to do tactically. Maybe apply a high press and force counter-attacks would work here. Change of mentality perhaps as well.

It could be an internal programming of the players problem too which unfortunately can cause you to struggle even if you have the tactics correct.

Offside trap: Sorry but i'm not sure what exactly this is doing in bug 11.
    Offside trap: Sorry but i'm not sure what exactly this is doing in bug 11-

This advances more the defensive line, basically.

I suppose that opponent with high defencive line uses offside trap, so i try to counter with long passes to break offside trap and most of time not work

That if animation works and not just for entertainment

Most of us think about countering opponent formation, but a little talk about orders and how to predict and counter it.

For example we can face 4-4-2 classic many times and we think about countering formation but what about orders that’s my question here for experienced managers, how to predict opponent orders and countering it, how i know 4-4-2 goes middle or flanks attacking or defencive short or long pass offside trap on or counter on, then how i counter,

Famous
    Deleted: Don't want association opponents scouting the forum to learn my playstyle this weekend.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 06-21-2018 at 12:49 AM.