Thread: when to counter attack?

Apprentice

when to counter attack?

My question is, as it says in the title - when should you counter attack?
    I have usually done it against teams I am dominating, and put it on mid game when leading by 2 or more goals. But did try it against a stronger team than me away in the cup to reasonable success - this time for all the game, mixed with hard tackling.
    Any of you use it for different scenarios?

Cheers

Dave
    Golden Lion FC
    Level 81

Apprentice
    Actually just found this that https://forum.topeleven.com/member.php?u=24557 Khris wrote:

Force counter:The role of this commad need to be explained cause is not always clear to many
    Basically it says to give up possession in order to have chances by countering fast the opposition. So is a
    Tempo command.

Force counter OFF ( SLOW Tempo ) : This should be used when you want max possession , and it says to
    your players ā€ once you get the ball , keep it ā€œ. they will play patiently till
    they found space to exploit ( TIKI-TAKA)
    Force counter ON ( HIGH Tempo ) : This should be used when you want you team to play more fast, they
    will not waste time by keeping the ball and they will perform high
    speed counters to reach oppo goal, and you will see more shots from
    player than passes ( an example is Kloop Liverpool style of playing)

So i usually play short pass+ counter ON, is a balance between good poss% and good amount of chances, when iā€™m winning like 4-0 and want to
    waste time last 20/30 mins i switch counter off .
    Last edited by davewootton1964; 05-26-2020 at 02:55 PM.

Apprentice
    After reading the article (https://www.topeleven.info/tactical-interview-the-prof/) - another question, that Khris can probably answer - when it says high defensive line - does that actually mean pushing the defenders up as far as you can on the formation / squad screen? Or does it mean High Pressing?

Thanks