Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Arphaxad
  • 1 Post By Arphaxad

Thread: Advise on counter to 4-1-2-3 AML/AMR

Addicted

Advise on counter to 4-1-2-3 AML/AMR

I usually play 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1v, but have of lately found that 4-3-2W-1 is a good middle ground between the two. I'm meeting an opponent that plays 4-1-2-3 on paper with AML/AMR. Would my formation be a good counter to his? Another option is to move up a DC to DMC. Not sure about it though, as it would leave my weaker DC against his stronger ST (only my strong DC had dual positions/DMC).

TACTICAL INSTRUCTIONS
    Mentality: Normal.
    Focus passes: Down both flanks.
    Passing: Long.
    Focus counters: Off.
    Pressing: Low.
    Tackling: Hard.
    Marking: Zonal.
    Offside: Off.

Suggestions are welcomed.

Put it in the wrong forum. Please move to formations and tactics if possible.
    Last edited by Arphaxad; 05-29-2020 at 08:54 PM.
    Download my power training tool here https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...alculator.html

Yes it is a very good formation vs this opponent.
    With your formation you should be careful vs people who play 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-2-2.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    Yes it is a very good formation vs this opponent.
    With your formation you should be careful vs people who play 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-2-2.
    Thanks, won 5-0 and 2-0 without even attending as I wasn't able to.

Actually meeting 4-2-3-1 tomorrow. Considering going with 4-5-1v with a DMC and red arrows on my fullbacks. Attack wise, I'm contemplating using a false 9 (AMC) instead of a ST. Either that or 4-1-4-1. Thoughts, @Der_Ryan_M ?
    Last edited by Arphaxad; 05-30-2020 at 08:18 PM.
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.
    Download my power training tool here https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...alculator.html

Quote Originally Posted by Arphaxad View Post
    Thanks, won 5-0 and 2-0 without even attending as I wasn't able to.

Actually meeting 4-2-3-1 tomorrow. Considering going with 4-5-1v with a DMC and red arrows on my fullbacks. Attack wise, I'm contemplating using a false 9 (AMC) instead of a ST. Either that or 4-1-4-1. Thoughts, @Der_Ryan_M ?
    Vs 4-2-3-1 I mostly play 3W-1-2-3-1 or 3W-1-4-2. I think 4-5-1 V is also decent, also with False 9. And I never use arrows, so I can't say how these work.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    Vs 4-2-3-1 I mostly play 3W-1-2-3-1 or 3W-1-4-2. I think 4-5-1 V is also decent, also with False 9. And I never use arrows, so I can't say how these work.
    Thanks mate. Played 4-5-1 with a false 9 in the first leg and suffered a troll result. We were doing great and were 1-0 up going into the second leg. In the second half we conceded 3 goals on 3 free kicks. I subbed my DMC for an AMC in the 70th min but it didn't register until the 86th min. So we played 1/3 of the second half with a DMC in an AMC role and lost 3-1. Bear in mind that we were 15 % stronger.

I switched to 3-1-2-3-1 in the second leg and won comfortably with 4-0.

Skickat från min VOG-L29 via Tapatalk
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arphaxad View Post
    I usually play 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1v, but have of lately found that 4-3-2W-1 is a good middle ground between the two. I'm meeting an opponent that plays 4-1-2-3 on paper with AML/AMR. Would my formation be a good counter to his? Another option is to move up a DC to DMC. Not sure about it though, as it would leave my weaker DC against his stronger ST (only my strong DC had dual positions/DMC).

TACTICAL INSTRUCTIONS
    Mentality: Normal.
    Focus passes: Down both flanks.
    Passing: Long.
    Focus counters: Off.
    Pressing: Low.
    Tackling: Hard.
    Marking: Zonal.
    Offside: Off.

Suggestions are welcomed.

Put it in the wrong forum. Please move to formations and tactics if possible.
    If I were you, I will stop using arrow on my defenders and or all my players

Team Name: Forza Adiat
    Manager Level: 59
    Trophy won: 65

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyricalray View Post
    If I were you, I will stop using arrow on my defenders and or all my players

Team Name: Forza Adiat
    Manager Level: 59
    Trophy won: 65
    Care to elaborate? Why? Are there objective cons with this?

Skickat från min VOG-L29 via Tapatalk