Thread: Question about percentage comparisons

Question about percentage comparisons

I will try to make this brief. I am relatively a rookie here so please bare with me for a minute.

My question is about how accurate these percentage of teams are when they go head to head? Last season, I went into the last two matches of the season, one being a CL final, with about 9 percent superiority in team strength (as shown via the percentage next to team name) and had my team condition near perfect, morals high, and had 3 or 4 players in fire. I ended up losing both games and both to teams with, as I mentioned, about 10 percent weaker! In the CL final I matched my opponent's formation and almost in all areas of the field I had stronger players but that did not help.

My only conclusion was that I got my tactics completely wrong but it was puzzling to me that in the match report, for both games that I lost under similar conditions, it stated that "the opponent were the favorite in the fixture" how is that possible and don't the percentages mean anything? I understand that it does not guarantee a win but it should give you an indication of where the two teams stand, no?

So back to the question I started this with, how accurate are these percentage and why would it say "the opponent were the favorite in the fixture".

Anyone can explain this mystery to me? How does a team with 4 players on fire and about 10 percent stronger lose two games in a row to weaker opponents?

Quote Originally Posted by The-red View Post
    I will try to make this brief. I am relatively a rookie here so please bare with me for a minute.

My question is about how accurate these percentage of teams are when they go head to head? Last season, I went into the last two matches of the season, one being a CL final, with about 9 percent superiority in team strength (as shown via the percentage next to team name) and had my team condition near perfect, morals high, and had 3 or 4 players in fire. I ended up losing both games and both to teams with, as I mentioned, about 10 percent weaker! In the CL final I matched my opponent's formation and almost in all areas of the field I had stronger players but that did not help.

My only conclusion was that I got my tactics completely wrong but it was puzzling to me that in the match report, for both games that I lost under similar conditions, it stated that "the opponent were the favorite in the fixture" how is that possible and don't the percentages mean anything? I understand that it does not guarantee a win but it should give you an indication of where the two teams stand, no?

So back to the question I started this with, how accurate are these percentage and why would it say "the opponent were the favorite in the fixture".

Anyone can explain this mystery to me? How does a team with 4 players on fire and about 10 percent stronger lose two games in a row to weaker opponents?
    The beatability margin, that is about what r you referring, can reach the 70% AvQ.

We've seen teams 40% winning 1-0 vs 110% but, in general equality would be 1,5* (1,5 star) differance and from +30% then the story changes a little bit.

Of course depend on the players training too, but the beatability margin sets a distance that it's so valid. So a 9% isn't the differance.
    We could eneter in technical things and specific situations, liek what happens if you have a team with 11 6* VS one with 6 6* and 5 players 1* which is a wide amount of variables because when the game do the live simulation does a team simplification, selecting 5-6 players to determine the score, so in that case I mentioned, a 6* could face the 6* of the oppo, and have like a 0-4 perfectly, or the simulator can select the 6* VS 1*'s of the 2nd team whicho could be a 12-0.

In some months you'll see how this works, the way the team configuration is made, key players, contributive ones, margins, distances and sure you'll be a pro with that knowledge.

Addicted
    Also, a low quality team doesn't mean that it's a inferior team. It can, believe it or not, mean that it's a well trained team.

In top eleven, only the white skills are relevant according to concensus. Basically, some teams are training mutant players by increasing only the white skills and letting the grey skills reach 1 %. Thst way, you'll have a relatively low overall quality for the player while he's a beast skills wise.

Skickat från min VOG-L29 via Tapatalk
    Download my power training tool here https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...alculator.html

Thank you. These were very helpful.