Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: can someone explain this

yeah, i would also think that is the case. changing tactics every game does not make much sense.

basically, what i need to do is act logically, defend against better teams, attack weaker ones.

and i totally agree with hidden play style as i had strikesrs with 150+ finishing, 120+ shooting that couldn't score for ****.

but IMO that is load of bs, if you are a manager than you should know what your players can or cannot do.

Rookie
    Yeah it would be nice if you had more availability to highlights or a portfolio of gameplay or something to tell you who you are getting but then again dealing with that is also part of the strategy of the game and being a good manager.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizo123 View Post
    thanks

i also tend to set up a formation regarding next opponents tactics

but here i see some problems

1. for some seasons now in leagues i play you always have one or two teams that always use the same tactics and their managers mostly don't watch the games and they are practically invinsible
    2. is it really realistic to change your formation for every single game? i don't think so
    3. it turned out few seasons back that you need several counter tactics for same opponent regarding opponents strength, meaning you need, what, 30 tactical variants per season. for example, i played against same opponent in different competitions where he played familiar tactics but i lost every single time with goal difference - gazillion for him. he did have extra supporters, but if that is the key than it's another bs

so, you obvioustly play a good game, but i do not have the time to watch every single game. i also do not use bonuses during the game, perhaps there is something there also
    With your points:

1) There are no easier return legs than opponents using same formation and also not showing up. Doing both just means a nice easy goal difference booster for us

2) Believe it or not, I change to a different formation for each match according to opponent’s formation weakness. Takes less than 3 minutes when we understand how quality difference, whites difference, own players strengths (comes with own build from power training and seasons of focused key attributes boosts, etc.), how to make the best use of territorial advantage with best players (and most efficient use of utility players to cover opponents)

Anyone who is in friend list of my 2 clubs, current asso teammates, or even prior associate teammates, can easily confirm that they would never know what formation or orders I would use until 1 minute into the match when I finally loaded from saves.

3) Amount of net supporters alone will not win a match. But like other factors, if formation, players quality, tactics & orders, match bonus, etc. all stack up with numerous superior advantages, having more net supporters may even just add another % or 2 of winning chances would mean a 96% chance becomes 98-99%. It makes all the difference in avoiding the already very odd possibility of troll results.

With supporters, everyone can do it with hard work by adding extras by viewing bidders in auctions when about 1 in 40/50 would be under the same server. Most will be mutually supportive if we do our bit in supporting their matches too. I never had any match with less supporters than opponents purely from consistent supports to them, so this is nothing about tactics, but diligence alone. (More networking with more fb adds would help too)

Bonus adds 15% to a certain aspect, so not attending match (so as to allow opponents to change to a perfect counter) and also without bonus is like handing the victory on a plate to your opponent when of equal quality or even 10%- inferior. May get away with 20%+ advantage but by luck than good setups.

Finally, please feel free to quote a single formation that my first-11 plus 5 subs that cannot play (except 2 & 3 STs formation which AMRs & AMLs can move to ST regions to work similarly).
    can someone explain this-ae9f740b-fcc2-4a1e-a8aa-e541c59ea3be.png

Pretty sure there isn’t any, because team building with attributes focus to play with various favourite styles are imprinted, hence the consistent performance.
    Winning 75-80% of max available points in both platinum associations is sufficient proof that manipulators without using upselling or tanking could also be good managers.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Pro
    yeah, i would also think that is the case. changing tactics every game does not make much sense.

basically, what i need to do is act logically, defend against better teams, attack weaker ones.

and i totally agree with hidden play style as i had strikesrs with 150+ finishing, 120+ shooting that couldn't score for ****.

but IMO that is load of bs, if you are a manager than you should know what your players can or cannot do.
    Changing tactics every match makes perfect sense:

1) We learn more about how different formations and orders work in various setups, so we know how to use them when a certain difficult opposition comes up

2) Opponents in knockouts rounds, and particularly in the 1-off finals, will find no clue at all of what they will face in 1st leg against them even if they view every single previous tie and watch all our matches, when our specific counters to them is simply different from any other opposition

Defensive counter against better and aggressive attack against weaker is absolutely right, especially towards league wins for affordable draws with title challengers when enough goal difference is built up by battering minnows for top scorer award for best attacker at the same time.

Hidden playing style only applies when attributes are not high enough. When players are trained with extremely high stats like 250%+ on key skills with the rest of whites on about 150%, then the player will be suited to a certain playing style as we’d like them to. That has to be done with a core of several key players each trained very specifically to do his own job and combine together to perform as a unit. Again, Tried and tested, and it works for me in 2 different teams of 15+ players. You could also try, or choose not to and rely on ‘lucky’ hits on hidden attributes to work well.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

HeavensAAA, yep, you're right about it

hm, HeavensAAA, must admit I hardly understand you

ok, first game 4-0. let's test more
    6-2-3 thus far with this tactic, two losses concedeing 4, one even 6 but with too many players down arrows, let attacking tactic, so obvioustly too much space in the back, also goalie isn't the best player in the field

Pro
    hm, HeavensAAA, must admit I hardly understand you
    No problem at all. Just play the way you like is fine.

The way I do is to aim for winning every single match and quads all the time. Not necessarily this is what other managers are looking for anyway as some would prefer to be casual.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12