Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: can someone explain this

can someone explain this

so, i decided to quit the game as it is obvioustly rigged towards those that spend tokens, but wanted to prove to myself i wasn't imagining things.

i present a clear example that this is so based on two matches, from first and second part of the season (of course, team started to play well after i bought a player for a certain amount of tokens)

can someone explain this-barca01.jpgcan someone explain this-barca02.jpgcan someone explain this-barca03.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	barca01.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	136729can someone explain this-van05.jpgcan someone explain this-van04.jpgcan someone explain this-van03.jpgcan someone explain this-van02.jpgcan someone explain this-van01.jpgcan someone explain this-barca06.jpgcan someone explain this-barca05.jpgcan someone explain this-barca04.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	barca03.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	136731Click image for larger version. 

Name:	barca02.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	136730can someone explain this-van06.jpg

Pro
    FYI, my club record in the previous 4 seasons is shown in image (this season has some very tough draws when I forgot to extend contracts of some players by end of last season, but still in for a possible quad despite having drawn with 20%+ teams in Cup)

And bingo, I’m a freeloader, and so pretty sure the engine itself has no bias against my team just because I haven’t spent anything at all. Not even a troll loss there.

Maybe spending could help a bit for a few matches, but then as managers, shouldn’t we be relying on our game knowledge and skills to win more consistently instead of hoping for unsustainable favours? Favours is good to have as occasional bonus, but shouldn’t be relied upon when we look to win trophies in the long haul.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Your tactic may be the problem
    try mine

can someone explain this-screenshot_20210322_180157_eu.nordeus.topeleven.android.jpgcan someone explain this-screenshot_20210322_180203_eu.nordeus.topeleven.android.jpgcan someone explain this-screenshot_20210322_180207_eu.nordeus.topeleven.android.jpg

thank you for your answers.

so, no, i can find no other explanation for an in-form team such as mine to lose against a weaker in exactly the same conditions without apparent reasons. it cannot be anything else but a random thing.

but, the circus goes on. i still managed to finish 4th but now with same players, one new 7-star, same counter tactics my team concedes 3,5 goals on average against teams mostly weaker by 4-5 %. opponent managers are rarely watching the game. worst start ever!

i also did some testing - back arrows? forget it, even when i do that, players on that side are best opponents players.

i agree, you do need knowledge but it's not about football.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAAA View Post
    FYI, my club record in the previous 4 seasons is shown in image (this season has some very tough draws when I forgot to extend contracts of some players by end of last season, but still in for a possible quad despite having drawn with 20%+ teams in Cup)

And bingo, I’m a freeloader, and so pretty sure the engine itself has no bias against my team just because I haven’t spent anything at all. Not even a troll loss there.

Maybe spending could help a bit for a few matches, but then as managers, shouldn’t we be relying on our game knowledge and skills to win more consistently instead of hoping for unsustainable favours? Favours is good to have as occasional bonus, but shouldn’t be relied upon when we look to win trophies in the long haul.
    ok, let's see where i go wrong then

do you always use the same tactics or do you change to counter tactics game after game?

Quote Originally Posted by billywhizz33 View Post
    Your tactic may be the problem
    try mine

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210322_180157_eu.nordeus.topeleven.android.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	136745Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210322_180203_eu.nordeus.topeleven.android.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	136746Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210322_180207_eu.nordeus.topeleven.android.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	136747
    ok, set up exactly the same. let's see

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizo123 View Post
    ok, let's see where i go wrong then

do you always use the same tactics or do you change to counter tactics game after game?
    Every game I will set up a specific counter formation for that opponent. No matches is the same in a season usually, except same opponent using same formations again.

Checks for formulating counter and preparing in-match substitutions include:
    1) If he repeatedly uses the same formation in previous matches (to ensure a more flexible squad in counter if changes were made)
    2) The timing and kind of substitutions he would make if he tries to hold a lead or mount a comeback (to prepare for subs making immediate moves when he goes to sub)
    3) The amount of supporters he usually has (to call extra supporters of mine to outnumber his)

Hope this helps
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAAA View Post
    Every game I will set up a specific counter formation for that opponent. No matches is the same in a season usually, except same opponent using same formations again.

Checks for formulating counter and preparing in-match substitutions include:
    1) If he repeatedly uses the same formation in previous matches (to ensure a more flexible squad in counter if changes were made)
    2) The timing and kind of substitutions he would make if he tries to hold a lead or mount a comeback (to prepare for subs making immediate moves when he goes to sub)
    3) The amount of supporters he usually has (to call extra supporters of mine to outnumber his)

Hope this helps
    thanks

i also tend to set up a formation regarding next opponents tactics

but here i see some problems

1. for some seasons now in leagues i play you always have one or two teams that always use the same tactics and their managers mostly don't watch the games and they are practically invinsible
    2. is it really realistic to change your formation for every single game? i don't think so
    3. it turned out few seasons back that you need several counter tactics for same opponent regarding opponents strength, meaning you need, what, 30 tactical variants per season. for example, i played against same opponent in different competitions where he played familiar tactics but i lost every single time with goal difference - gazillion for him. he did have extra supporters, but if that is the key than it's another bs

so, you obvioustly play a good game, but i do not have the time to watch every single game. i also do not use bonuses during the game, perhaps there is something there also

Quote Originally Posted by Kizo123 View Post
    ok, set up exactly the same. let's see
    ok, first game 4-0. let's test more

Rookie
    A lot has to do with tactics consistent with daily training as well as properly utilizing player skills. Some managers can develop a tactical and training strategy that is very potent with their style of play. This means that their team works great for 95% of opponents due to their superior work off the field. Training is key to success as well as arguably players skills in line with your tactics. There might be two 7-star strikers, 1 of which works really well for your team the other not. You can largely identify which striker you would want by knowing which of the white skills are important to you. Although there is this hidden "play style" metric that Nordeus seems to have which you can't know until you played the striker for at least a few games. In short, these mangers found a way to make their player skills, tactics, formation, and training very coherent with each other.

Using the best counter formation for every match has not been of the greatest success to me. Rather, I look at the underlying principle of the counter formation and utilize that in my standard formation. The varying strengths and talent of players are a factor that counter strategies don't include. You need to know what your team does best, and that is what you must try to do.
    Kizo123 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast