Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Isilakar

Thread: Know your opponent tactics easily!

Rookie

Lightbulb Know your opponent tactics easily!

You won't loose a cup final anymore and you won't loose to those smaller teams anymore!

So how is it done? By checking only 2 previous matches of your opponent you can know...
    1) The side they use to attack (Left, Right, middle or both sides)
    2) Passing style (short, long or mixed)
    3) Passing focus (attacking/ defending)

Check the matches they played recently between teams that are higher rated and lower rated.

Check the possession at the end of the game below 50% win or loss or draw means the team could probably be playing defensive style and long passing. Defensive meaning they play to force counter.

Check their passing completion lower than 80% could mean they play using long balls 80% and above mean they play short passed hence the high completion percentage.

Finally the attacking areas with the most attacks when you notice in your opponent previous matches they use one part of the field more in attacking or both sides this can help you tell if they play attacking from both sides right left or center.

Small bonus: Number of shots attempted can also tell us if they are an attacking team or not.

With this you can know how to arrange your team against opponents especially if you're as committed as Pep.

Isilakar F.C✌❤️
    Last edited by Isilakar; 05-11-2022 at 01:27 PM.
    Reno666 likes this.

So what's the best way to counter someone playing defensive, long pass, and counter attack tactics?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by whatdan View Post
    So what's the best way to counter someone playing defensive, long pass, and counter attack tactics?
    This is something I would like to know too. Can you really counter your opponents tactics? Of course, there's always something you can do. If you know your opponent will use flanks and you are weak on flanks, you should do something. If you know your opponent will use long passes, you should use a DMC.

Then what? If you know your opponent is attacking minded, what do you do? Force counter-attacks? If your opponent is using counter-attacks, then what? I have used counter-attacks for countering this one too and I think it's even worked. Maybe there's a way to counter offside trap, I don't know.

So there's a couple of tactical choices that you can counter with formation changes, but what about the rest? Can you counter them? If not, it's pretty useless to know how your opponent plays. So far I have trusted in khris's theory, that they work like on/off buttons and choosing correctly you gain a little advantage. If you are losing, change something.

Edit: I haven't really tried to change the team mentality. I have played over 70 seasons mostly normal. It's been a good choice I think. But could you counter counter-attacks with defensive minded mentality? I think we are going to need some kind of list about these..
    Last edited by Hejst; 09-29-2022 at 06:46 PM.