Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Marc Symons
  • 1 Post By MDKII
  • 1 Post By Saransh Vatsa

Thread: .Issue with the forum itself.

.Issue with the forum itself.

If ever I am writing a long post by the time I have finished and press 'post' I have to log in again before I can submit the post. Even more annoying is when I do click 'log in' my post has gone. So I have to go back and copy and paste all long posts before continuing. Very annoying, especially from an iPad. Couldn't you extend the amount of time before you are timed out as I'm sure it must only be set to 5 minutes? Other than that the forum is excellent and run very well.

Thanks. Marc.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Are you using Facebook to log in? If so you need to create a regular sign in; then attach the facebook to it, so then the checkbox to keep you signed in actually works.

I started on the Forum using Facebook to log in and the checkbox utterly failed until I made a regular log in.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    Are you using Facebook to log in? If so you need to create a regular sign in; then attach the facebook to it, so then the checkbox to keep you signed in actually works.

I started on the Forum using Facebook to log in and the checkbox utterly failed until I made a regular log in.
    Ah okay - Do i keep same name etc and will my posts still be attached to me? (for editing reasons etc)

Yeah I made my sign in the same name and then linked it to my fb
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MDKII
    The default time is supposed to be 15 minutes of inactivity before the forum logs you out. I've increased it to 30 minutes now. If your issue persists, try following Cat's suggestion.
    Marc Symons likes this.

Yeah I made my sign in the same name and then linked it to my fb
    Forum Actions (on dark ribbon) -> Edit Profile then in left column is connexions
    .Issue with the forum itself.-1.png

30 minutes, cool, that should help a lot
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

All I did was I allowed my tab browser to accept cookies and here on the forums I just checked the box saying 'Remember Me' and then this problem was solved. No whenever my WiFi is turned on on my tab, I become logged in automatically. So I am logged in here as long as I don't particularly select 'Log Out'. Try this, should work
    Marc Symons likes this.