Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Champions League Classification Error

Champions League Classification Error

I've seen, and heard that there have been some mistakes with the classification of Champions League, and I would like to have a logical explanation, because I can't find one, to have this other guy, in front of me.

We tied both matches (direct confront not valid)

We tied in scored goals

But I suffered less 2 goals than him

I have a positive difference of +2, and he has a negative difference of -1 in goals scored/suffered....

So Norderus/Top Eleven Admin, my question is, are you really making the game rules like Uefa Champions League, like you say in Help, or is this just one more bug?

And by the way, if any1 can tell me a way that this guy would be in front of me accordingly with what I said b4, I'll give you a cookie!

Best Regards,

Paulo Leitão

Last edited by PricopGeorgeCătălin; 06-13-2014 at 09:34 PM.

What is your head to head with him?

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

From the other thread it was 2 draws.....2-2 at home and 0-0 away so other team is better on away goals on countback afaik.
    Liquid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RJSlow View Post
    What is your head to head with him?
    2 ties

Quote Originally Posted by pcleao View Post
    2 ties
    What buffs said
    Last edited by RJSlow; 06-13-2014 at 02:35 PM.

RETIRED

Yeah looking more into this it is rather strange. Hopefully you will win your last game and then you don't have to worry about how this works out

RETIRED

Games are finished.

The things is by the end of round 5, I was in 2nd place with the same points of the 3rd place guy, and on last round we both won by 1 goal and he passed to the 2nd place!

If the Goal away counted he should have been in 2nd place by the end of the round 5 aswell

And how come a group phase can be decided by away goal (usually used only in eliminatories), when you have goal scored and goal difference to compare like in all other real competitions? oO

Quote Originally Posted by pcleao View Post
    The things is by the end of round 5, I was in 2nd place with the same points of the 3rd place guy, and on last round we both won by 1 goal and he passed to the 2nd place!

If the Goal away counted he should have been in 2nd place by the end of the round 5 aswell

And how come a group phase can be decided by away goal (usually used only in eliminatories), when you have goal scored and goal difference to compare like in all other real competitions? oO
    The rules that you were given apply after the completion of the group games. These rules are taken from UEFA. A quick google turns up the "Regulations of the UEFA Champions League 2012-2015 Cycle Document Season 2012/2013" - there might be other more recent ones I don't know. The fact that they state they apply after a group is completed is enough to make me think that classification could be done differently prior to completion.

On the other thread I gave you my best guess on that pre-completion classification but I don't know - doesn't affect the outcome. I'd further guess that the table positions are different because sometimes head to heads are completed, sometimes not but I'm just typing in white space because I don't know.

I tried to help by applying the rules to your position to help you understand why you are out of the CL. Hopefully you understand now that Pasta Boys go through because they scored 2 away goals against your 0 away goals.

If you want to investigate if there are any differences in how tables are shown prior to completion of the group games then you are welcome to do so, unless someone else knows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast