Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: can someone please explain this to me!!

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11
    Indeed, it's possible for situations like this to occur right after a major update. Especially when the update brings a new feature(s) to the game. With all games out there, the implementation of new updates always holds some risk. Systems may misbehave, servers could be rocked by instability issues or generally just act up, etc. The devs are here around the clock when ever we release a major update to Top 11 as, clearly, not everything in the game can be tested out internally and show any possible cracks with the same rigorous beating as when millions of players get their hands on it.

We try to catch everything before we release the updates but it's nigh impossible to foretell every single scenario.

It seems that our servers have become slightly unstable recently and thus people are getting disconnected. Some times its the internet fluctuating, and the two different situations can be easily mixed up.

Whether or not it is on our side, make sure you report such instances to the support team, as they need to be informed of such cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Voldara View Post
    Hey Feros

Unfortunately what you experienced is a connection issue. Such situations depend on your internet provider and whether or not you are using WiFi, 3G or are playing via the web/Facebook version and connected to the routher with a cable.

Sometimes your internet connection can become unstable for just a part of the second and this will result in the game desyncing with the local game-client. This may bring a fault to the simulation data and the server resets the simulation, which can bring a different result. That's why you saw one result at the end of the match, but afterwards it showed a different one.
    I am sorry, but the problem is not in the internet connection. The problem is that Nordeus programmers can't make proper synchronization. There're several problems linked to this issue: sometimes I have my statistics empty until the very end of match. If I play on my phone and watch my own game on my PC (same connection!), in the second half the game on the phone always lags behind for a couple of in-game minutes. And, of course, we have phantom goals.

Don't blame our internet connection, please, this is not an MMORPG with 3d graphics. Good game like this one should work properly even with bad connection.
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 02-12-2017 at 03:29 PM.
    Buster Keaton and madflo19 like this.
    It wasn't our day.

good one Phantom goals he scored 3 goals in the first 8 minutes (did watch a friendly match)

Teams were same Quality

can someone please explain this to me!!-joke.jpg

End result 1-3
    Last edited by Buster Keaton; 02-12-2017 at 05:16 PM.

I go into Live Match to make changes as the game plays to improve my team.

It seems that I do this and make a better result.
    But the result has already been decided before the game so my 'better' result is ignored for the pre-ordained result.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #15
    In your threads, administrating things up!
    I can definitely blame an ISP for such issues actually (Bandwidth throttling is a thing after all). And the fact that such issues seem to plague mostly the same users time and time again (Speaking about IRL friends and even some ppl who write to our support team. People who are in the same server as others and still are one of the few to have such issues on a particular server), while others haven't even heard of something like this ever happening, gives a pretty good hint as to the nature of that which causes these desyncs. Namely the Web connection.

I exclusively use my mobile provider's network these days exactly because of such issues. While my home network is good enough for MMOs and online games I still experience some nasty latency spikes even though I'm not getting DCed right off the bat. And I won't even mention what was it like to try and play Top Eleven on that network. On the other hand I have some great Upload / Download speeds.

Damn I even go as far as tethering my laptop to my android sometimes.

Top 11 is definitely a bit sensitive to packet loss and connection timeouts (and a ton of other apps I play), and even though our servers try to compensate, the situation can become unmendable at some point.

That's why we ask that anyone who encounters such issues should write to our support team. Because, yes, it may be due to the ISP as I said, but we recognize that it can be caused by our side. My experience here so far shows mostly otherwise though.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #16
    In your threads, administrating things up!
    I thought I'd follow the closing sentence of my last reply "...Because, yes, it may be due to the ISP as I said, but we recognize that it can be caused by our side. My experience here so far shows mostly otherwise though." with an explanation of the two scenarios that can lead to you seeing a different result at the end of your match.

Scenario 1
    When it's caused by our own servers.
    When a server is experiencing technical difficulties of such caliber that the technicians are required to restart it completely in order to implement the fixes they devised, all the simulations (Matches / Fixtures) that have to be ran while the restart is happening, will be done automatically and internally on the affected servers right after the reboot is complete.
    In some cases a roll-back might be required (This happens extremely rarely), say an hour in time, all the matches that have been played after the point of return will have to be resimulated. Unfortunately in such cases the results may differ, and some times by a large margin.

Scenario 2
    When its caused by data transfer between Client and Server - I already explained that this can usually be caused by factors along the whole line. Factors such as ISPs.
    Matches are not simulated as one whole. They are done in parts. This way the manager has time between match-events (When the 2D animation fires up) to assess the situation and decide on his/her "next move" strategy wise.
    The server sends info about what's going on to your game client (a goal, a yellow card, a chance missed, a corner, an injury, etc.), while your game client updates you of the situation as data is sent to it.
    It can happen so that your connection to the game server loses consistency for a second or so, you may not lose connection but your client could miss some of the aforementioned events and you client would never "know" about this.

Example.
    You're the Away Team.
    The server sends the following events: Home Team goal > Corner > Yellow card for Away Team > Home Team goal > Away Team goal.
    This means a 2:1 loss for you.
    If your client missed out the 2nd Home Team goal then the result you would see at the end of the match would be a 1:1 draw. But leave the match and check out the match report / Fixture and you'll see the actual result.
    Btw, everything that happened after the 2nd goal is absolutely real as well. You continued to observe and play your match with only the event about the 2nd goal taking a hit while being transmitted to your device and you never got the update of the situation.

The usual culprit behind this issue is, more often than not, Scenario 2. But as I said, we can't always know which one it is. So the best course of action is to immediately write to support. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeves View Post

Scenario 2

It can happen so that your connection to the game server loses consistency for a second or so, you may not lose connection but your client could miss some of the aforementioned events and you client would never "know" about this.

Example.
    You're the Away Team.
    The server sends the following events: Home Team goal > Corner > Yellow card for Away Team > Home Team goal > Away Team goal.
    This means a 2:1 loss for you.
    If your client missed out the 2nd Home Team goal then the result you would see at the end of the match would be a 1:1 draw. But leave the match and check out the match report / Fixture and you'll see the actual result.
    Btw, everything that happened after the 2nd goal is absolutely real as well. You continued to observe and play your match with only the event about the 2nd goal taking a hit while being transmitted to your device and you never got the update of the situation.

The usual culprit behind this issue is, more often than not, Scenario 2. But as I said, we can't always know which one it is. So the best course of action is to immediately write to support. :/
    Why, when this happens to me is it always between the 70th and 80th minutes...

See - https://forum.topeleven.com/bugs-tec...tom-goals.html
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

I encountered something which definitely falls under scenario 1.I won 7-0 with my star AMR registering 4 goals and 1 assist with a rating of 10.But the game info didn't change afterwards and somehow I couldn't connect after restarting the app.When i finally did reconnect(after a while and a hard reset)i found out i won 5-1 with mu star AMR injured having contributed nothing to the match.I really feel hard done by, cos that 7-0 result would have helped my position in the league and my AMR position on player rankings.Things really should be better than this😏

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12