Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Tactician
  • 4 Post By gizzmo
  • 1 Post By Tactician
  • 1 Post By gizzmo

Thread: Something Wrong With The Settings In This Game (Orders Not Obeyed)

Something Wrong With The Settings In This Game (Orders Not Obeyed)

Since some time, I have noticed that in some matches, the players don't go according to orders set. Some people have given some excuses in the past but it seems more like something is really wrong.

In the past, some of us have noticed the following from highlights for certain matches.

• players not taking corners according to the order priority
    • players not taking corners according to the side priority
    • players not taking free-kicks according to the order priority
    • players not taking free-kicks according to the side priority
    • players not following the order of penalty takers set during the 30s period when it comes to penalty shoot-outs

The latest one I observed is the following.
    I set the team to focus on passing down the left flank for a particular match. Ok, that does mean the team will pass down the left flank only; it will pass in other areas of the pitch (middle and even right), but the focus should be on the left flank. But that is not what happened according to what was showed on the highlights at all. In all the highlights that showed my team was building up an attack or was attacking, it showed that the team was passing on the right flank, be it from the back to the midfield (DR to right MC-MR area) or from the midfield to the attack area (right MC-MR to right ST area), as if the game considered the focus setting as right flank instead of left flank. It continued on like that until I changed passing focus to both flanks (I could have change to right flank in an attempt to confirm that indeed the game engine was confusing sides, but given that it was an important match, I put it to down both flanks just in case).

So, it seems that the game is misinterpreting things or is considering left for right and right for left in some cases. It is also possible that the game has a fixed right or fixed left interpretation during a match, irrespective of how the team is positioned on the pitch (right or left half side). In my opinion, there is a good chance that something wrong.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-19-2017 at 12:16 PM.
    brolly and Van Banana like this.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post

• players not taking corners according to the order priority
    • players not taking corners according to the side priority
    • players not taking free-kicks according to the order priority
    • players not taking free-kicks according to the side priority
    These issues I have observed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    So, it seems that the game is misinterpreting things or is considering left for right and right for left in some cases. It is also possible that the game has a fixed right or fixed left interpretation during a match, irrespective of how the team is positioned on the pitch (right or left half side). In my opinion, there is a good chance that something wrong.
    Or maybe the game engine is not capable to display the highlights because of a limited set of game moves correctly but does the math behind the curtains and includes it into the statistics? That was my first guess so far.

Famous
    I do not mean to be offensive but: have you ever noticed something that suits you in this game ? I think you are actually harming yourself playing this.
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

Just watch them play through the middle most of the time, when you have 'both flanks' selected...
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by gizzmo View Post
    I do not mean to be offensive but: have you ever noticed something that suits you in this game ? I think you are actually harming yourself playing this.
    My current situation in real life is hard and painful; I have suffered a lot and still suffering. I am just playing this game to keep me occupied (also make me active as my current situation is I am like bed-ridden in some way), take me away a bit from my suffering and pain, and also to have some fun from whatever left in this game that provides fun and entertainment. Sometimes, I report what I see alarming or important. What I have reported is just the truth based on my observations. Other users have also confirmed that they observed some of those things. So, do not get me or my intentions wrong; my intention was to make it known to others that something is wrong, and also maybe Nordeus will do something about it when they find out.

Briefly, I have reported about something wrong with the game; I have not complained nor whined about it.

I made a mistake though; I should have posted that in the Bugs Section of the Forum. I will ask Nik to move the thread to that section.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-20-2017 at 03:43 AM.
    Niddhoeggr likes this.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Let me explain again.
    For a match, I set the passing focus to left flank (as starting orders, that is way before the match started). There were several highlights, and among those highlights, all those that showed that my team was attacking or building up an attack (from the back to midfield, or from midfield to attack) was from the right flank and not the left. It is as if the game misinterpreted the passing focus I set. My team was shown to be focusing down the right flank instead of down the left flank (clearly it was shown to be focusing down the right as there was not even 1 highlight that showed my team passing down the left or even through the middle) until I changed the passing focus to both flanks later during the game. I could have chosen to right flank instead of both flanks to check if the game showed highlights showing my team passing down the left flank, and confirm certain things, but I did not want to take the risk as it was an important match.

If I recorded that match and posted the video here, many of you would have clearly seen the anomaly. But I was not doing experiments and there was no plan or intention of recording something to report. I was attending the match the usual way.

So, briefly, the game seems to be misinterpreting things for some matches, or the game has a fixed left and right, irrespective of how the team positioned themselves on pitch (which team is from the left half side and which team is from the right half side; why I say so, because this sort of anomaly does not seem to happen for every match or in both halves, that is it is not consistent). It might be due a flaw or due to errors or faults.

My team won that match; so I am not complaining about this being the cause of a loss as my team did not lose. I am only reporting to make the matter known, especially given the past observations me and some others had concerning orders not being followed according to what was set.

My intention was to report about something, not to complain, not to whine, and not to influence or discourage people to play this game. I know that there is a good chance that a user of this forum said some negative things about me to others - things that may not be true as such or not as according to what he said, but he has said them due to his misunderstanding or for whatever reasons.

I hope now some people get it.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-20-2017 at 05:43 AM.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Famous
    Well, my remark had nothing personal nor did it concern your personal situation. What I meant is: we all have reasons to complain about this game. But it remains what it is: a game. Do not take it to seriously. I do no trust whatsoever what the highlights show me. IMO, they are just cosmetic and I do not come to any conclusion after watching them. You may play short pass and center and still, see you AML score from long distance after a long pass to the wing.
    Niddhoeggr likes this.
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

Quote Originally Posted by gizzmo View Post
    Well, my remark had nothing personal nor did it concern your personal situation. What I meant is: we all have reasons to complain about this game. But it remains what it is: a game. Do not take it to seriously. I do no trust whatsoever what the highlights show me. IMO, they are just cosmetic and I do not come to any conclusion after watching them. You may play short pass and center and still, see you AML score from long distance after a long pass to the wing.
    Yes, but the highlights are supposed to represent what formation the teams are using, what they have been instructed to do, and things go according to the functioning of the formation and also according to the orders set. From the highlights, despite them being very short, one can deduce things about teams such as the mentality, the passing focus, arrows and other orders. For sure, there are nonsense at times, especially in the case of a fixed match or a 'troll' match.

Suppose you set your team to short passing and through the middle, your team will still make some passes in the flank area if you are using a formation that has wide players, just that the focus passing should be through the middle. Suppose your AML is free to receive a long pass, one of your players will send that long pass to him if he is free to receive that pass and if the player can send him that sort of pass as the aim is to move forward towards the opponent's goal post to score. It is same for counter-attacks; a team will still counter-attack if the opportunity presents, even if force-counter attacks have not been set, or will your players pass the ball to each other in your half only without any aim when there is a clear opportunity to attack and score?

My point is that I set the passing focus to the left flank and I was getting highlights for the right flank only (not even one for the left flank, nor one for the middle) as if I set the passing to right flank for a particular match. Clearly, something is wrong in the game in this area. Nordeus should have a look into it.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-20-2017 at 12:06 PM.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Kto
    Yea, its pretty strange with those orders and animations. I wished Nordeus would explain some things.
    Once I switched do attack left side, but the animations were totally mixed. After some time AM said, that left attacking was a great idea and it is working.

I actually appreciate someone who looks beyond the normal things the eye can see in this game. I can feel you Tactician since I am also in a dark period myself.