Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 4-4-2 Classic " is it unbeatable this season? "

3-3w-3n-1 Beat the unbeatble scout punk 1-0. He have 7 of 11 scout players , never lose, hardly gets draw
    Bunker style hardly defensive, blue arrows on dml/rml, blue arrow on central cm. Tackling is normal, long passing, own half, mixed attack
    Shot 'em down
    Last edited by Andrey Shirokov; 10-03-2013 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrey Shirokov View Post
    3-3w-3n-1 Beat the unbeatble scout punk 1-0. He have 7 of 11 scout players , never lose, hardly gets draw
    Bunker style hardly defensive, blue arrows on dml/rml, blue arrow on central cm. Tackling is normal, long passing, own half, mixed attack
    Shot 'em down
    I think its a good formation vs classic, but I'm loose with it against that kind of punk 0:1 of my field.
    My avg skill was 27 his 36.
    In the first match I loose 1:2 on his field with 4-5-1v using defensive and counter attack.
    I think its a matter of luck.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    Guys, stop saying X formation works when you won 1 or 2 games with it. Also, playing against a weak team doesn't really count because quality made the difference, not the formation.

I have tried most of the formations with a test team on another account against 4-4-2 with a similar quality and only 1 formation stood out. While 4-5-1v may work, it gives the opponent more chances because of the lack of wing coverage. So move the wingers to a ML/MR position and use a 4-1-4-1. I like to play mixed passing but you can experiment a little with the orders. At this moment in time, 4-1-4-1 is the best formation I can think of that can counter the 4-4-2. I've watched my friends use it and they succeed with said formation.

So I would like more people to try 4-1-4-1 with attacking tactics, mixed passing and red arrows on ML/MR and ST and show their results. It's pretty much how I play it but if you want to change the orders then feel free You won't win 100% of the time but you can win the majority of your games.

Recently I was a bit unlucky against a 4-4-2 when I used 4-1-4-1 and got a 3-3 result, it was the only time that I have struggled against it with the formation and I'm pretty sure it was a one-off.
    well as dvr said the idea of 4-1-4-1 seems fine after the changes in the engine.Last season 4-5-1V didn't worked at all vs 4-4-2.
    For almost 10 seasons it was the best tactic vs 4-4-2.
    The 4-4-2 is used also from managers that they don't want to do much in this game,and the results are quite nice for many of them.

What i have to add is that different teams in different levels dont react the same vs 4-4-2.My main account reactes perfect vs 4-4-2 my other 2 not so good .I have tried many tactics and formations and my conclusion

--- is 4-5-1v (which dont work so much this season),didnt worked at all the past ...so is the back up scenario from now on
    ---- 4-1-2-1-2 ND is the other choice (but in my case works vs almost every opponent in this season as my quality is much much bigger)
    ----- and as dvr said 4-1-4-1 with some arrows in the MR ML and ST.

There is always the option of 4-4-2 vs 4-4-2 if u are not so sure what to use.

cheers

Today I won 1:0 against the team that was much weaker then me (8 points).
    First half I used ND and it ends 0:0.
    In the second half I switched to 4-1-3W-1-1 and barely made 1 goal. Red arrows on MCs.
    I think opponent (it was a bot) uses hard tackling, because I lost a ball too often.

At the beginning of the season I won confidently vs 4-4-2, while using 4-1-2-1-2 ND. My quality was about a point above his, we were playing in his grounds with both of us online. He hasn't lost almost any games since then, but has very tough time scoring even against weak teams and lucky to win by a goal each time.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Florian Bunea View Post
    Because your opponent was weak. 4-1-2-1-2ND doesn't work anymore against 4-4-2. This was 2 days ago. I switched to 4-5-1v for the last 30 minutes and no results. I think i am gonna try 4-5-1 for home game. Anyway, it's just a lottery, nothing seems to work against 4-4-2.

Attachment 12042
    Well it worked for me and it works mostly home matches away matches the 442 is overpowered. I figuered out a formation that have worked vs higher Q teams and equal both home and away and that is the 4-1-3W-2. Def, Hard tackle, counter on.

Im in DIV 8, and i am allways 5 below everyone else in the DIV. I am playing 451 Vstyle vs most of my opponents but i change formation if i am playing 442 and 4-3NorW-1-2 formations to 4-1-3W-2 with the same mentality and counter on. Most of the time i come out with a win but in some cases i will draw them. If i would be Equal or higher than them i would be in the top of the div for sure, but TL is awfull. I got 3 teams and i use the same on all three. Ive tried almost every formation and the 442 isnt overpowered imo. It all depends if it is an away or an home game. The counters change depending on that, but the 4-1-3W-2 works both ways, but its a bit harder on away games. If I really need a goal i would change the counter off and maybe change to offensive mentality.

The counter to ND is also 4-1-3W-2.

4-4-2 is unbeatable EVERY Season!!!!

Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

I beat and score 8 goals in 2 games 4-2 and 4-1with this formation 3N-2(DMR DML)-1-2-1-1 with 58.8 avarage opponent 58.6. Atack to the center short pass zone mark tackle normal pressure in midle. hope helped

No it's not. I beat it in EVERY match up this season. The butterfly, 451V, 442Z shape and the Cattenaccio were all superior over the 442 classic. And I would like to add that all the teams I have played, were watching and either equal or stronger than my squad.

Roll Tide!!!

Oh, I forgot that "the total football, the dutch way formation" was also a hit against the 442 classic.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast