Thread: Parking Bus 5-4-1, counter strategy doesn't work.

Rookie

Parking Bus 5-4-1, counter strategy doesn't work.

I had to win with 3:1 score, but the result remained 1:1. As a result, I'm out off the cup. Can anyone please give an example how to counter this stupid formation?

i would try

st st st
    ml mc mc mr
    dl dc dr

or

st st
    amc
    ml mc mc mr
    dl dc dr

both attacking middle, whole pitch, attacking mentality

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by yaban View Post
    i would try

st st st
    ml mc mc mr
    dl dc dr

or

st st
    amc
    ml mc mc mr
    dl dc dr

both attacking middle, whole pitch, attacking mentality
    Thx for advice, hope this will help to deal with Chelsea style teams in future.

Well I can say that last night (as some people knows here) I played the match of cup, against a team with a 4-1-4-1. surprise for me.... only "1" ST was attacking me and did 2 goals in the 1st match! in this second match Iplayed with a 3-5-2 and I draw 1-1
    the 1st match I loose 3-0 playing with a 4-3-3 so....

..-.-''' I have seen a thing, and is that, "the very attacking" mentality, is worst than the normal "attacking mentality".....

My opinion for you; is that you have to play 3-4-3 the arrows, have to be defensive in the defense line but attacking in all other (so, it seems 80% team attacking) buuttt,,, ...about the mentality; we have to discover a thing, and is this;

to win a defensive team, maybe the tactic is use, what I've said 3-4-3 or, 3-5-2.. but defensive mentality, and the arrows, all, except the defense, attacking...
    Maybe thats the tactic to, with "defensive mentality" stop his attack's... and, with more players in midfield and as a ST, going to the counter area, maybe, this will be a good way... ...it seems, opposite, yeah? all players running to the other area, with defending mentality, ¿?¿? but... I am looking that maybe is the way against this ultra defensive teams...