Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: 4-4-2 And Its Closest Variations. Why Are They So Strong? -- Some Quick Thoughts

Dreamer
    Do you have more on the results ? Did you loss 2-1 ? Some screens would be nice.
    Favorite Formations : 4-1-4-1 // 4-5-1 (F/V) // 4-4-1-1 // 4-4-2

Some thoughts on them :
    http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...-thoughts.html

Interesting thread here i bring you the zones covered by each player when you are using 4-4-2 formation using zonal marking. I hope this will be useful for the thread. Thanks.
    4-4-2 And Its Closest Variations.  Why Are They So Strong? -- Some Quick Thoughts-4-4-2.jpg
    kebess likes this.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by IsengardHobbit View Post
    Interesting thread here i bring you the zones covered by each player when you are using 4-4-2 formation using zonal marking. I hope this will be useful for the thread. Thanks.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4-4-2.JPG 
Views:	145 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	13368
    Awesome! Do you also perhaps have info on how this varies after using a specific arrow?

Some thoughts on them :

Quote Originally Posted by kebess View Post
    Awesome! Do you also perhaps have info on how this varies after using a specific arrow?
    I have a theory on arrows, i believe you can use them to fit a square on the field, example if you have a DMC and you put red arrow on him, he will try to play as a MC ergo he will fit that position an cover the zones of an MC but slightly less efficient, same for blue arrows, if you have a MC and you want put blue arrow on him, he will try to cover that space and all the adjacent squares.

PS i kinda use always blue arrows on strikers. Last season i scored +110 goals in lvl 3 league. In lvl 4 now and i won my first 10 games in league. Always using blue arrows on strikers.
    kebess likes this.

I also believe you can use arrows with player that play 2 or more positions. Example if you have a AML/ML and you use him as a ML you can use red arrow with him, other example is if you have a DMR/DR you can use blue arrow, i think you can get my point. Best of luck.

Dreamer
    I also believe you can use arrows with player that play 2 or more positions. Example if you have a AML/ML and you use him as a ML you can use red arrow with him, other example is if you have a DMR/DR you can use blue arrow, i think you can get my point. Best of luck.
    Yep, this bit is the general "accepted" knowledge on how arrows work. I was really asking if you knew how effective was an arrowed position/player? In terms of numbers, does it have 0.5 point of effectiveness (instead of a 1 on the diagram) or even less ?

Some thoughts on them :

Pro
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4-4-2.JPG 
Views:	145 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	13368
    Please, can someone explain who to read the diagram. Thanks

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    It's a count of how many men cover each spot.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by DiZZee View Post
    Please, can someone explain who to read the diagram. Thanks
    Each player can influence everything around him, and that influence gives the position "1 point". The numbers in the upper box (the one with colours) represent the total amount of players influencing a given position.

Example :
    The first number is 1, in a green box (upper left corner). That means there's only one player influencing that section of the pitch, which is the left ST.

Some thoughts on them :

Im still new to the game but this has been a fantastic read. I have been playing mostly 4-5-1V but have been noticing that 4-4-2 seems to always do pretty well.

I am playing a game tomorrow and am countering his formation (left) with a kind of narrow diamond (right). I was wondering if this is messing with 4-4-2 too much with having both a DMC and a AMC but they both seem necessary. Do you think I am doing the right thing?

4-4-2 And Its Closest Variations.  Why Are They So Strong? -- Some Quick Thoughts-their-team.jpg 4-4-2 And Its Closest Variations.  Why Are They So Strong? -- Some Quick Thoughts-my-team.jpg

Ill post my results of course after the game.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast