Thread: V Formation getting killed this season?

V Formation getting killed this season?

Has anyone had any success with 4-1-2N-2W-1, this season? My friend and I are having almost no success at all this season after several seasons of having great success, especially against formations like tight diamond (41212) or 442 classic.

The V really should be a terrific counter to the diamond, but I'm getting outshot on equal possession this season where it used to be almost a 2-1 shot ratio.

The tactics are pretty standard - I generally run Normal attacking, pass down the flanks, and everything else completely normal (mix passing, zone marking, normal tackling).

Anyone else seeing a big drop off on the effectiveness of attacking wingers? It's really feeling like there was a code change.

Apprentice
    How's that? "normal attacking"
    Is it normal, or attacking?
    Level 1 - League 3rd place (started late, in the season)
    Level 2 - League 2nd place, CL 2nd place (both due to troll results)
    Level 3 - League 1st place, CL 1st place, Cup (lev 6) 3rd place
    Level 4 - League 1st place, CL 1st place

Bought 28 Tokens, referrals 32 Tokens, won 3 Tokens.

RIP v style
    YOU're MANAGER, YOU MANAGE

Congratulation Arsenal!!
    Hope these thread could help you, Formation-Tactic and GUIDE

Quote Originally Posted by syrstorm View Post
    Has anyone had any success with 4-1-2N-2W-1, this season? My friend and I are having almost no success at all this season after several seasons of having great success, especially against formations like tight diamond (41212) or 442 classic.

The V really should be a terrific counter to the diamond, but I'm getting outshot on equal possession this season where it used to be almost a 2-1 shot ratio.

The tactics are pretty standard - I generally run Normal attacking, pass down the flanks, and everything else completely normal (mix passing, zone marking, normal tackling).

Anyone else seeing a big drop off on the effectiveness of attacking wingers? It's really feeling like there was a code change.
    Just saw a lower rated 4-5-1 V team dominate a 4-4-2 Diamond, but then again, his GK was MoM

Quote Originally Posted by Eugen Cristea View Post
    How's that? "normal attacking"
    Is it normal, or attacking?
    A "Normal" amount of attacking, i.e. A "normal" rating. I couldn't think of a better way of saying it.

mentality =normal I been using 451 v this season I am 3rd in my league dealing whit rich people with scout players

Rookie
    that's not true, I beat V-Style this season 4 times..... quality around 50

depends in you formation and the quality of the oponent my quality is 57 level 7 I only lost if the oponent has more quality aka scout players