Thread: Out countered by a defensive 41212 nd

Out countered by a defensive 41212 nd

Well, I've played against an equally strong opponent in my cup match this evening. It did not go well, lost 0:2 at home! As usually, I would use a 3142 with normal mentality, normal tackling, short passing over the flanks with two arrows up on my MR and my ML.

Usually I would wind whenever I would face a 41212 nd, but not this evening. I assume he played defensive/ easy tackling, through the middle with force counter on.

The reason I believe that I think he played easy tackling is because I've got charged with cards, left and right, he also had 14 tackles vs my 29 tackles. The reason I think he used short passing is because he had a good amount of possession, 58% (mine) vs 42% (his) and this is with three of my friends supporting me at home.

It was like running up against a wall? There was no action for long periods of time. I did have more opportunities, but he always had someone there, his goals were scored based on counter attacks. Ok, well a new experience for me, my question is, how would you counter a defensive playing 41212 nd?

What would you guys go with?
    If a man has the right attitude, even if he is average, he'll work hard enough to play well. As long as he thinks he can be good, that's all that counts.

-Bear Bryant-

League Champion: 11*

Champions League Winner: 5*

Cup Winner: 2*

Treble Winner Level: 1

ROLL TIDE

Charleston, South Carolina Title Town USA

3-1-4-2 is actually my fav formation to counter the diamond. Equally effective is the 4-4-2.

If you believe that he was playing defensively, may I suggest you stick to the same formation but play defensively on the counter as well.

I have also found a defensive 4-3W-1-2 effective in countering teams that are stronger/similar strength regardless of formation.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Well, I have kept my 3142, with arrows on mr and ml, attacking, short passing over the flanks, pressing my own half and forcing counter with easy tackling.

The first 15 minutes he took it away and scored twice, so at min. 35 the score 0:2 and 0:4 on agg.

At half I've changed my DMC and added an AMC, added a red arrow and pressed the whole pitch. I left everything else. Bang, within 15 mins I was able to score 4 times and the final score was 5:2 and 5:4 on agg.

Made it to the next round!

Roll Tide