Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jascha GoPro

Thread: How to beat a strong 4-4-2

How to beat a strong 4-4-2

Hey there,
    I've got a match later against a slighlty stronger opponent (22.0 vs 23.4) and I read a lot about how to beat the 4-4-2 formation and some users said 4-5-1V doesn't work anymore, which would've been my first choice.
    I could play the narrow diamond, 451V style, 442 or even 433 if required as my players are very flexible.
    I recently played 451V and ND but both tactics weren't really useful against weaker teams, though I won my last 5 matches.
    My question's now:

1. If I play 4-1-2-1-2 ND, how should I set the arrows?
    My tatic so far: Defensive, mixed, own half, normal, mixed, zonal, counterattack yes, no offside trap.

I'd be thankful for every useful advice or another formation I could deploy to beat the 422 classic.

Edit: My current line up + bench.

ps: Me and my opponent are manager level 2, all his players have 24 quality or more, if this is any relevant.
    Last edited by Jascha GoPro; 02-13-2014 at 05:18 AM.

hello m8 ! i dont have problems vs 4-4-2 with 3N-4-1-2 ! atack mentality,press own half ,short pass -mixed, counteratack on with hard tackling red arrow on ML,MR,AMC and blue arrow one of STv.IF you dont score gol try to change from atack mentality - normal or press full pole !Good luck im sure you will own him easy
    Last season - /8/ TREBLE winer!

Quote Originally Posted by Lokomotiv Plovdiv View Post
    hello m8 ! i dont have problems vs 4-4-2 with 3N-4-1-2 ! atack mentality,press own half ,short pass -mixed, counteratack on with hard tackling red arrow on ML,MR,AMC and blue arrow one of STv.IF you dont score gol try to change from atack mentality - normal or press full pole !Good luck im sure you will own him easy
    Yeah, cheers mate. I won 0-3. Deployed a ND formation with blue arrows for the back four and a flexible MC. One penalty and two gaols on the counter. I was in control throughout the entire game without getting into trouble. Top of the league!
    Lokomotiv Plovdiv likes this.

I'm using 4-4-2 and the only formation which could beat me in the semi final was 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond. D: