Page 45 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: Table of Counter Formations - What to use?

Rookie
    Hey!!!!

First of all thank you to July Fourth for the helpful post!! It actually helps a lot! But... i will say the help is only half way coz a formation without orders for the ones we dont know which orders to give can be devastating if we give the wrong ones!

As far as i've seen, formations have an easy way of writin em, but not the orders :S When it could be really easy! And as well a formation can beat another with some specific orders (n arrows). this post is great but i guess many of us are missing the arrows n orders in here

So first i will suggest a good way of telling orders (arrows is easy, just (u) (d) next to the number will do.

For orders:
    - Mentality can be ignored as it usually depends on if u are stronger, weaker or same level, so usually no need to mention, but if needed to specify use HD, D, N, A or HA (Hard defending, defending, neutral, attacking, hard attacking), the default will be D or N or A.
    - Focus passing can be MX, FL, MI (mixed, flanks, middle, right or left usually are not specified as depends on the weakness of the other team).
    - Pressing style, usually will be depending on other factors as the amount of attackers defenders and so, if needed to specify then use O or W, default will be O (W is whole pitch, O is own half).
    - Tackling is on personal preference so should be ignored.
    - For passing style SH, MX or LO (short, mixed, long).
    - Marking style will be most of the time zonal, so can be ignored.
    - And finally FC and OT for force counter and offside trap.

So an example, a typical 4-4-2 classic will be: (MX - SH)
    A 4-5-2 V unmotivated will be: (FL - MX)

So if anyone is brave enough to write the orders for every known counter to add to the first post, that will be of great help for many of us that are not so good with orders. Personally i know i lost many matches coz of not knowing the right orders for a formation, or for not knowing the right counter orders (which is even trickier).

As you see, the system is quite simple, so its easy to write it for all the counters.

Anyone willing to help?

Thank you!!!

4-4-2 Classic is countered by 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond, 4-5-1 V-Style, 3-2-2-2-1 Butterfly.
    May I ask a noob questions? How are 4-5-1 V-style and 3-2-2-2-1 Butterfly like?

what's the best formation to counter 5-2-2 (AML/AMR)-1?

I am playing in a cup match against an opponent with a system i have never seen before. It is just like 3W-2DMC-2W-1-2 but instead he has 3W-2DMC-3W-1-1 and i have not seen that system in your board. Do you have any idea hou to counter him. I use Butterfly.

Hia system is like this:

---------ST--------
    --------AMC-------
    ML-----MC-----MR
    ----DMC--DMC----
    DL-----DC-----DR

How do i counter that?????

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Kilgharrah; 05-18-2013 at 06:19 PM.
    ...but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror...

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    It's on the first post of this thread...
    Can u help me out with a formation that is not on the post of the thread please? U seem to know your way around things

It's tyhe post right above. There is a countyer to 3W-2DMC-2W-1-2 but not to 3W-2DMC-3W-1-1. What do you think???
    ...but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror...

Special thanks to amit4life5

Solution added for 3N-5-2 V is the dv8r 4-3N-2W-1
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgharrah View Post
    I am playing in a cup match against an opponent with a system i have never seen before. It is just like 3W-2DMC-2W-1-2 but instead he has 3W-2DMC-3W-1-1 and i have not seen that system in your board. Do you have any idea hou to counter him. I use Butterfly.

Hia system is like this:

---------ST--------
    --------AMC-------
    ML-----MC-----MR
    ----DMC--DMC----
    DL-----DC-----DR

How do i counter that?????

Thanks in advance
    That I believe is known as the "Maple Leaf" and I think 3N-1-4-2 beats this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Thank you for this useful thread! I'm at lvl 2 so since I'm one of the only actually playing I'm one of the strongest and I'm confident about winning the league and don't really need to focus on tactics since I'm mostly way stronger than the rest (except for one team wich is running 2nd), but as the final rounds of the Cup and CL approach I think I can really take advantage of this!

However, let me dare to ask if somebody could post images to the 'strange' formations, wich I'm not used to in any way. I just use the standard 3-5-2 and so far worked quite well, but surely I want to learn new ones as far as my players can play it, but I don't really understand many of them, like 'butterfly' (of course I could spend some time guessing) and some images would be reaaaaaaaally helpful for me and, surely, many other managers (or, at least, some ---gk --dc -dc-dc --- etc writing)! If that's not possible, I'll try to guess, of course. Thank you anyway!

GK
    DR DC DC DL
    DMC
    MC MC
    AMC
    ST ST

i have this formation and 4-4-2 just crushed me. and i have way better team

Hy guys, against 5-4-1 flat , what formation and tactic should i use?

Page 45 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast