Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Qambu Yaasi

Thread: Cant score goals

Cant score goals

Im having problem scoring goals this season. Even against teams with strange formations and low-rated players. Most of the times i rule the midfield and possession. I like to play with 4 or 5 midfielders for controling the game, but even if i play with a offensive formation like 4-3-3 flat im expieriencing this problem.

How would you counter:
    4 defenders with or without DMC? Attacking through middle or flanks?
    2 DMC and a DMC seems hard to get through through the middle.
    DMC = always attacking on the flanks with long passes?

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Hi bud, How old are your players?, are they well rested?, what match settings are you using?, what level are you on ? What is the quality of your team?, can you put a picture up of you squad and formation please.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Apprentice
    This season nordeus change something in the engine, that why you dont score many goal against low quality teams. It the same for me

i changed formation to

ST

AML AMC AMR

MC MC

DL DC DC DR

then i put red arrow on flanks, long passes, attack mentality and counter. work well so far, no troll result anymore

If u are creating a lot of chances but not finishing them, my best guess is your widemen & strikers are duds. You need both widemen to b freescoring if ur ST is not prolific

Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
    Hi bud, How old are your players?, are they well rested?, what match settings are you using?, what level are you on ? What is the quality of your team?, can you put a picture up of you squad and formation please.
    Age between 18 and 21. A lot of PT's. Im on level 7 and quality average is 48.

Quote Originally Posted by Leandra Marina View Post
    This season nordeus change something in the engine, that why you dont score many goal against low quality teams. It the same for me

i changed formation to

ST

AML AMC AMR

MC MC

DL DC DC DR

then i put red arrow on flanks, long passes, attack mentality and counter. work well so far, no troll result anymore
    Attacking through middle or flanks? Do you loose possession? Are your opponents creating dangerous chances?

Quote Originally Posted by Qambu Yaasi View Post
    If u are creating a lot of chances but not finishing them, my best guess is your widemen & strikers are duds. You need both widemen to b freescoring if ur ST is not prolific
    What do you mean by "duds"? If you mean they are not good enough if think they should at least score goals against low-rated teams, but thats not the case.

I always play with red arrows on ML and MR, or a AML and AMR (without arrows). Last season my feeling was that even with "wide tactics" you will always score more goals if you are attacking through the middle. Im not sure about this anymore because of the new match engine.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by bulle View Post
    Attacking through middle or flanks? Do you loose possession? Are your opponents creating dangerous chances?
    Depends on opponent. Flanks if he use center base formation, middle if he use flank formation. mixed if he use combination of both. usually i have 60%+++ possession. Yes they create chances of course but not so many.

Quote Originally Posted by bulle View Post
    What do you mean by "duds"? If you mean they are not good enough if think they should at least score goals against low-rated teams, but thats not the case.

I always play with red arrows on ML and MR, or a AML and AMR (without arrows). Last season my feeling was that even with "wide tactics" you will always score more goals if you are attacking through the middle. Im not sure about this anymore because of the new match engine.
    Yes, they (ST & widemen) should be at least scoring against bots or illegal formations or teams with a non-GK playing GK. That's just my opinion on how I judge my strikers. I had a "dud" last season but he came good this season. Just probably letting him get past his down cycle.

I agree that playing thru the middle even with wingers you are still able to score loads of goals. I used this last season, going thru the middle with a hexagon formation and was the second highest goal tally in my league. It frees up your wingers to find space. I have not tried this in the new season tho.
    bulle likes this.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T