Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 4-3-3 "Total Football"

4-3-3 "Total Football"

I was just wondering, how does this formation work compared to the conventional formations?

I usually adapt to my opponents formation, but whenever I feel that I am out of ideas I use this formation.

For some reason I do not play 442 classic very well, so I fall back on counter formations. But there is no other formation that handed me so much success over a 442 classic.

I have an extremely challenging league, with 8 active managers that are batteling each other, fortunately I can say that I am leading the league because of this formation.

Whenever I did use this formation, I went ALWAYS unbeaten when I was playing against 442 c. I will use it again tonight in the cup semi finals against a 352 and see what happens.

I will post results Thank you Adel for this super valuable hint4-3-3 "Total Football"-yn4z1.jpg
    ricahard zebua likes this.
    If a man has the right attitude, even if he is average, he'll work hard enough to play well. As long as he thinks he can be good, that's all that counts.

-Bear Bryant-

League Champion: 11*

Champions League Winner: 5*

Cup Winner: 2*

Treble Winner Level: 1

ROLL TIDE

Charleston, South Carolina Title Town USA

Some of the results. Match against #3 ranked Aung Mynmar ended 1:0 for me. Match against against #2 Cengiz FC ended 2:1 for me. (I faked a 541 flat and changed it right before kick off). Third match with the 433 Total Football formation. I won 2:0 against a 352 Off to the cup finals4-3-3 "Total Football"-image.jpgAttachment 20352Attachment 20353
    Last edited by Marco Brown; 03-05-2014 at 12:18 AM.
    If a man has the right attitude, even if he is average, he'll work hard enough to play well. As long as he thinks he can be good, that's all that counts.

-Bear Bryant-

ROLL TIDE

Rookie
    well, whats ur order for that formations

Apprentice
    looks interesting. do you use arrow like in the pic?

I am usually not a big fan of arrows, but yes, the set up is just like in the picture. It seems high risk but during the matches I have a lot of scoring chances.

Here are the original orders posted by Adel:
    Mentality: Attacking
    Tackle: Normal
    Focus Passing: Down both flanks
    Passing style: Short
    Marking: Zonal
    Pressing: Own half
    Force counter: Yes
    Offside trap: No

I think one of the key points are that your defence is on the attack as well as the rest of your team. It seems like the defense oriented players in this formation would be your one DC and one MC.

With all these arrows on your defense you are still pressing in your own half but much further up, which would be the opponents midfielders, so basically your counter attack starts at the center of the pitch.

I also noticed, that if you start to receive bookings, you should change to hard tackle. Or if your opponent starts to have scoring chances you should switch to hard attacking.

If I play against 3 DC's I leave the red arrow off of my AMC, if I play against 4 defenders I add the red arrow to my AMC. If my opponent has a DMC I move my AMR up by one square.

This formation offers a lot of triangles which makes short passing the perfect passing style, it also adds to your possesion. Either way, whenever I did use it, I walked away with a win.

I will experiment a little more to see how it does against other formations. I usually set up 541 to give a defensive impression and would change it right before kick off, this throws everyone off and then many do not know how to react try it for yourself in some friendlies and see how your team like it.
    Last edited by Marco Brown; 03-05-2014 at 10:34 AM.

-Bear Bryant-

ROLL TIDE

Apprentice
    Look funny, i really need to try

This time I have played against #5 ranked Burakito FC. As before, I started with a 541 and just before kick off, I switched it around.4-3-3 "Total Football"-image.jpg

-Bear Bryant-

ROLL TIDE

And another example how "Total Football works" Just won the cup against a two level up and 3 skill points better 352 flat) YEAH baby. This was the cup and the league so far Championsleague tomorrow) and as usuall I started with 541 flat and changed it right before kick off!!!4-3-3 "Total Football"-image.jpg

-Bear Bryant-

ROLL TIDE

Nice... I tried a Total Football-like formation with one of my experimental teams

DC--DC--DC--DC
    ------MC----ML
    AMR-AMC------
    -----ST-ST-----

Won the league losing just once. But that was in the lower levels, I havent tried that in the higher levels.
    Marco Brown and Dhruv Mistry like this.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Apprentice
    Can u tell performance/form of your player? I heard so many arrow not good

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast