View Poll Results: Do you see this thread deserve to be sticky?

Voters
304. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, deserve to be sticky.

278 91.45%
  • No, should be as it is.

26 8.55%
Page 153 of 200 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1999
Like Tree159Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How to Win Against Any Formation?

Quote Originally Posted by bilro View Post
    Best way to beat this please :

Anyone ?
    If your team is 11 players that are 5* then most standard formations should be able to beat this piece of ****.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by Maamba View Post
    Well I'm pretty new but unbeaten in my 8 games last season and have won all 6 so far this season but tomorrow's league opponents have me a little vexed.

They line up: 4-1-3W-1-1

----------ST
    ---------AMC
    ML-------MC-------MR
    ---------DMC
    DL----DC----DC----DR

I've been playing 352 and 451 both V style mostly but have a flexible squad and can play pretty much any formation and was thinking of setting up as below for this game:

3N-1-4-2

-------ST----ST
    ----------------------
    ML----MC----MC---MR
    ---------DMC
    ---DC----DC----DC

... but think perhaps I should stick with 352 V style which is one that's worked well for me so far and perhaps stacks up ok against his quite unusual formation.

His team averages 15.6 btw, mine averages 18.7 and I'm at home ... any thoughts/suggestions?

Shouldn't have mentioned the unbeaten record as I lost this 3:1; you guys didn't offer any help or suggestions ... not that I blame you, much

So, I played it in 3 thirds as it were, my original idea 3N-1-4-2 for the first 30 mins; 3-5-2 V style for the 15 mins either side of half time and then 3N-2(DMR/DML)-2N-1-2 for the last half hour (thinking that perhaps he had attackig arrows on ML and MC.)

None of this helped and I didn't seem to have any form of dominance in any part of the game - they scored a goal in each of the three 'portions' and we scored in the middle portion (playing 3-5-2 V) just after half time. Possession was 55:45 in my favour (watched the match and was away so that accounts for 3% of the advantage.) The rest of the stats were even, apart from my side strangely committing twice as many fouls despite normal tackling and own half pressing being set.

Soo ... for the 3rd and last time (I'll shut up about this game after this post) does anyone have any ideas about what I should have done differently or how I should set up against this team for the return match later in the season ???

Well I'm pretty new but unbeaten in my 8 games last season and have won all 6 so far this season but tomorrow's league opponents have me a little vexed.

They line up: 4-1-3W-1-1

----------ST
    ---------AMC
    ML-------MC-------MR
    ---------DMC
    DL----DC----DC----DR

I've been playing 352 and 451 both V style mostly but have a flexible squad and can play pretty much any formation and was thinking of setting up as below for this game:

3N-1-4-2

-------ST----ST
    ----------------------
    ML----MC----MC---MR
    ---------DMC
    ---DC----DC----DC

... but think perhaps I should stick with 352 V style which is one that's worked well for me so far and perhaps stacks up ok against his quite unusual formation.

His team averages 15.6 btw, mine averages 18.7 and I'm at home ... any thoughts/suggestions?
    this is the only formation tha gives me headache. i have very bad results against it. the formation 4-5-1 V has failed me and i won't suggest it. i played today against it with 3-1-4-2 and i won 2-1 away but very difficult despite the fact that i was playing for 60 min with more players and that i had better quality. i am playing again the day after tomorrow against a team with this formation who has better quality than me and i am in delema. after your game tell me how have you played

Shouldn't have mentioned the unbeaten record as I lost this 3:1; you guys didn't offer any help or suggestions ... not that I blame you, much

So, I played it in 3 thirds as it were, my original idea 3N-1-4-2 for the first 30 mins; 3-5-2 V style for the 15 mins either side of half time and then 3N-2(DMR/DML)-2N-1-2 for the last half hour (thinking that perhaps he had attackig arrows on ML and MC.)

None of this helped and I didn't seem to have any form of dominance in any part of the game - they scored a goal in each of the three 'portions' and we scored in the middle portion (playing 3-5-2 V) just after half time. Possession was 55:45 in my favour (watched the match and was away so that accounts for 3% of the advantage.) The rest of the stats were even, apart from my side strangely committing twice as many fouls despite normal tackling and own half pressing being set.

Soo ... for the 3rd and last time (I'll shut up about this game after this post) does anyone have any ideas about what I should have done differently or how I should set up against this team for the return match later in the season ???
    i was late

i don't think you should change formation so often during the match. you can't have certain conclusions. many times the formation that failed you in the first half crashes the opponent in the second.

Quote Originally Posted by bilro View Post
    3-5-1 ? one player missing there
    My 1 player is like yours 2...sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by gkassimis View Post
    i don't think you should change formation so often during the match. you can't have certain conclusions. many times the formation that failed you in the first half crashes the opponent in the second.
    Yes, I think you're right - should have stuck with one formation and seen what happened over 90 mins.

I'll keep you posted about what I do against this formation in future games and if you do the same I'm sure we'll crack it

I normally do not change formation during the game unless my opponent does so.
    I have been playing around a little this season in the cups and league against easier opponents, tonight I changed formation three times but quality remained more or less the same, somewhere around 46 v 32.
    Possession never changed more then 1% which in its self you cannot put down to the formations, as play does fluctuate.
    I'm pretty certain now that what you start off with is pretty much what you will have at the end, as long as 11 players stay on the pitch and nothing stupid is done like switching to an illegal formation.

As others have also mentioned, the way the game engine runs anything is possible in the second half.
    Level 1,2,3,4,5,6 League winners

Level 1,2,3,5 CL Winners

Level 4 CL runner up.

Level 2,3,4 Cup winners

P267 W244 D2 L11 GF1024 GA91

Quote Originally Posted by Accyrover View Post
    I normally do not change formation during the game unless my opponent does so.
    I have been playing around a little this season in the cups and league against easier opponents, tonight I changed formation three times but quality remained more or less the same, somewhere around 46 v 32.
    Possession never changed more then 1% which in its self you cannot put down to the formations, as play does fluctuate.
    I'm pretty certain now that what you start off with is pretty much what you will have at the end, as long as 11 players stay on the pitch and nothing stupid is done like switching to an illegal formation.

As others have also mentioned, the way the game engine runs anything is possible in the second half.
    Thanks for adding weight to what gkassimis said I agree and won't mess around so much in one game in future ...

But what about the important question, how to beat this formation?

4-1-3W-1-1

----------ST
    ---------AMC
    ML-------MC-------MR
    ---------DMC
    DL----DC----DC----DR

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    That will go as a solution on my formations, I knew the 3 in the middle would prove difficult for the wide diamond to handle.
    He won because his foe used an illegal formation so I wouldn't put it up there.