Thread: How to counter 4-2(DMC)-3W AM(L-C-R)-1

How to counter 4-2(DMC)-3W AM(L-C-R)-1

Hello everybody,

Tonight I'm facing a strange formation. He is playing with 4 defenders, 2 DMC's, 3 Attacking Midfielders (AMC, AML & AMR) and 1 striker. So, no 'normal' midfielders.

-------GK-----------
    DL---DC-----DC----DR
    -----DMC---DMC------
    ----------------------
    AML----AMC-----AMR
    --------ST------------

I guess with this formation he is playing long passing, since he hasn't got normal midfielders and playing counter-attack.
    My team is a little bit better (69,1 against 66,5). It's a very important game, as we both claiming nr.1 at the moment with equal points, but his goal difference is slightly better. So I need to win It's a home game, so I should have the advantage.

My first thought were (Aggressive) 4-5-1V style, with Red arrows on all midfielders. But his defence is quite strong and with only 1 striker.. I don't know if it's enough.
    What would you play and also would you play along the sides? Normal mentality? Arrows?

Thanks for all your advices.

Cheers!
    JM
    Last edited by Jean-Marie Starmans; 05-27-2014 at 10:15 AM.

I would try 451V style with defensive mentality

Enviado de meu GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

I played 451V style, normal mentality, blue arrow on DMC, red on AMR & AML. I won the game with 3-2, leading with 3-1 and after a red card they made 3-2. So, translated from Dutch to English (Dunglish) --> "Cat in the basket!"

I'm pretty sure that was an illegal formation, since he didn't have any MC/R/L
    Using Tapatalk

Adr100
    It is not an illegal formation...
    In the mid you need: have at last 3 players...one of then must be MC or MDC... he has mdc and 5 pkayers in the middle...not is illegal

Enviado de meu GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Dreamer
    4-2-3-1 is one of my favorite formations!

Honestly, it plays a lot like the 4-5V-1 and can use all of the same tactics. It also allows you to use "Attacking" mentality and still have a good chance at a clean sheet. Last season I had 10 clean sheets in a row (league only) using mainly this formation, and my back four changed a lot too.
    Last edited by Cody Allan Taylor; 06-01-2014 at 07:57 PM.
    Manager of Foresters FC and Guide FC. Both teams on server '161'.

Wondering if I took the time to type out that fancy formation? Nah, check out my python script!

Rookie
    Hi all I will be playing against a team with scout players and full of special ability that play this formation 4-2-3W-1 as well....

So 4-5-1 v is the best counter? Thanks a lot!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk