Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ..Has the 4-2-2 ND become stronger or am i weakened?

Apprentice

..Has the 4-2-2 ND become stronger or am i weakened?

I always thought that the 4-5-1 V-style was the best formation to counter the 4-2-2ND ... but I lost the first leg of the CL!
    Ok, no problems, there is a second chance...
    So I thought I'd remedy deploying a 3-5-2 V/S (a striker more! ...), but I still lost!!
    what's happening ...???
    The players were in good shape, my opponent had a lower quality, i lost 1-0 first leg and 2-0 second!!!!!...
    Recently 4-5-1 V/S is not working as it was before...

Hey Bubba. Can you tell us the settings you have used with 4-5-1 V in this match?
    fc tiki taka

Level 13/Season 13

League : 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Cl : 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12

Cup : 4, 9, 10, 11, 12

Treble : 9, 10, 12

My Team:

Apprentice
    In this match (2nd leg) i used 3-5-2V/S, 1st leg i was 4-5-1v/s, Normal - both flanks - Counter on - normal tackle - own half defense - zonal, red arr's DL/DR

No idea Bubba, I don't have much experience yet to offer specific formation advice but since I use 4-5-1V and slight variants of it a lot I find that I prefer a blue arrow on DMC when up against a 'through the middle' formation, particularly if I go for 3 narrow defenders.

Others have different experiences but I have had inconsistent results using counterattacking in V formations. I prefer to pull the AMs back into a flat 4 or 5 in the midfield (depending on whether I need a DMC), with the ML/MR motivated forward (red arrow). In my mind I justify this with the intention of having fast breaking midfielders from my own half. (And I always use defensive with counterattacking because I tell myself this maximises the counterattacking opportunities).

Now just wait for someone to give sensible advice.
    Ricardo82 likes this.

From my experiences in the last seasons it is better to play 4-5-1 V in normal mode without counter. I play these formation as one of my favorites. I dont know the reason for your lost. But i find it very important to give a blue arrow to dmc against ND. The amc is the most important player for ND in my eyes. So this blue arrow is a must. And for me defensive or normal i would ever give red arrow to the am' s .
    I dont think only the arrows are the reason. But give it a try in one of your next matches against ND.
    In the last month's there are many changes with the game engine. We cant play 4-5-1V so effective with the same orders we used 6 month ago. So i would play counterattacks only with defensive mode. And leave it without with normal mentaly.
    And what i see in the last weeks. ND becomes stronger again.
    I hope you can understand.
    Good luck
    fc tiki taka

Level 13/Season 13

League : 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Cl : 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12

Cup : 4, 9, 10, 11, 12

Treble : 9, 10, 12

My Team:

Apprentice
    Buffs and Ricardo, you're welcome and hope i got it. With weaker opponents i always played Normal minded and i don't motivated the DMC's fronting an AMC of rivals.
    Until now it worked...
    Ok, let's restart!
    P.S. ..don't want to change my mind regarding the 4-5-1v/s, it is still my favourite formation!

As ricardo and Buffs said, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS use a blue arrow on DMC, and if you can do not put red arrows on DR and DL. It has worked very well for me in the past, and continues to this season

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I always thought that the 4-5-1 V-style was the best formation to counter the 4-2-2ND ... but I lost the first leg of the CL!
    Ok, no problems, there is a second chance...
    So I thought I'd remedy deploying a 3-5-2 V/S (a striker more! ...), but I still lost!!
    what's happening ...???
    The players were in good shape, my opponent had a lower quality, i lost 1-0 first leg and 2-0 second!!!!!...
    Recently 4-5-1 V/S is not working as it was before...
    I won by 352v two days ago with stronger opponent ..Has the 4-2-2 ND become stronger or am i weakened?-41212.jpg always don't forget blue arrow on dmc

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by melimeeel View Post
    I won by 352v two days ago with stronger opponent Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41212.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	25556 always don't forget blue arrow on dmc
    Yes, i've got the blue arr on DMC and red on ST's and AML/R's...
    melimeeel likes this.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo82 View Post
    From my experiences in the last seasons it is better to play 4-5-1 V in normal mode without counter. I play these formation as one of my favorites. I dont know the reason for your lost. But i find it very important to give a blue arrow to dmc against ND. The amc is the most important player for ND in my eyes. So this blue arrow is a must. And for me defensive or normal i would ever give red arrow to the am' s .
    I dont think only the arrows are the reason. But give it a try in one of your next matches against ND.
    In the last month's there are many changes with the game engine. We cant play 4-5-1V so effective with the same orders we used 6 month ago. So i would play counterattacks only with defensive mode. And leave it without with normal mentaly.
    And what i see in the last weeks. ND becomes stronger again.
    I hope you can understand.
    Good luck
    I'm going to have a match in 2 hours, i'll try these suggestions and i'll give the result.
    Thank you by now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast