Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Need a thoughtful advice on beating 4 4 2 classic?

Dreamer
    4-5V-1 is extremely versatile. Experiment with it, as results widely vary with the same tactic per team.

Personally I use a blue defense arrow on DMC and red forward arrows on DL & DR. Typically I use either:
    • Attacking, Mixed, Own Half, Normal, Mixed, Zonal, Off, Off
    • Normal, Mixed, Whole Pitch, Hard, Mixed, Zonal, On, Off

It's very dependent on opponent formation too. If you feel you can dominate the the flanks, attack the flanks. If you feel you can dominate the middle, attack the middle. If your home facing a better opponent, use Normal mentality. If your facing a really weak striker line, use offside trap.
    Agam Talwar likes this.
    Manager of Foresters FC and Guide FC. Both teams on server '161'.

Wondering if I took the time to type out that fancy formation? Nah, check out my python script!

Make lot of sense to me Cody. Thank you ! I am facing a weaker opponent plus playing at home and need to overcome 0-2 defeat in first leg so I will go for attacking mentality with offside trap.

For attacking mode its very very important to play whole pitch with hard tackling.

Every Manager must find his own way to play 4-5-1V. Like Cody said experiment a little bit in friendlys to find out what is the best for your team. Everybody has his own style and interpretation of this formation. Its all about your players. Their skills. It is a great formation. Try to find your own way and take a look at the ratings. Some ml/aml play better in ml. The other in aml. Thats what we mean try out and look what is the best.

With this formation you can definitly beat 4-4-2 C. This season i faced two higher level teams in cup. And i had won all matches against 4-4-2 C so far.

You can also go or sub to 4-3n-2w-1 and give a red arrow to the middle mc. This works well for me too.
    Agam Talwar likes this.
    fc tiki taka

Level 13/Season 13

League : 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Cl : 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12

Cup : 4, 9, 10, 11, 12

Treble : 9, 10, 12

My Team:

very well noted Ricardo. Thank you so much! I have a match soon will update the result on this thread.

Guys Thank you so much for your advice. My opponent changed his formation to 4 3 1(amr) 2 at the last moment and I played with 4 3 2 1 and won (4-0).

My Settings for your reference:
    Red Arrows: DL DR AML AMR & ST
    Blue Arrows: Central MC and all DC's
    Mentality: Attacking, Down both flanks, Whole Pitch, Hard, Mixed, Zonal, No counter attack, Yes to offside trap

Need a thoughtful advice on beating  4 4 2 classic?-x-match.jpgNeed a thoughtful advice on beating  4 4 2 classic?-x-match_1.jpg
    Cody Allan Taylor likes this.

Good job Agam
    Agam Talwar likes this.
    fc tiki taka

Level 13/Season 13

League : 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Cl : 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12

Cup : 4, 9, 10, 11, 12

Treble : 9, 10, 12

My Team:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12