Thread: How to counter 4-1-3n-2? Help help

How to counter 4-1-3n-2? Help help

How to counter 4-1-3n-2? Help help-screenshot-4-.jpg

So I am up against this guy who uses a 4-1-3N-2 formation.
    His players are very high quality as you can see, 7 of his players are 6 stars and above quality.

My team have players that are all 5 star quality (GK defenders midfielders strikers).
    Since his players are better quality than mine, I am thinking of going with defensive mentality.
    These are the formations I'm thinking of using against him.

How to counter 4-1-3n-2? Help help-screenshot-5-.jpg

How to counter 4-1-3n-2? Help help-screenshot-6-.jpg

How to counter 4-1-3n-2? Help help-screenshot-8-.jpg

The above formations uses only 3 central defenders and no DL/DR because his formation is focus on center attacking. (That's my rationale)

How to counter 4-1-3n-2? Help help-screenshot-7-.jpg

And this formation is from a guide to counter his formation, but I am wondering why are DL and DR needed?
    Wouldn't an additional DC be more useful?

I am open to other suggestions.
    WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS THE BEST FORMATION TO COUNTER HIS! Keep in mind that his players are better than mine except for his Strikers and 1 DC and MC.

Go with 4-3n-2w-1 with normal mentaly and counter. Attack the flanks with red arrows on wingplayers. or go defending if you are scared, but i would play normal because the formation you have to play against is not an attacking formation.

Good luck
    Last edited by Ricardo82; 08-10-2014 at 11:53 PM.
    fc tiki taka

Level 13/Season 13

League : 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Cl : 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12

Cup : 4, 9, 10, 11, 12

Treble : 9, 10, 12

My Team:

Addicted
    4-4-2 classic

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Your last formation you posted is the best you have come up with, you can play 4-4-2 aswell and as Ricardo82 say set your orders to attack down both flanks as his narrow midfield is just begging to be exploited, I would not use red arrows on your DL,DR! leave them empty and put reds on your AML AND AMR and ST and if you want to go for it on the MCs aswell!, there is no perfect answer as he does have a very strong team so you will be lucky to get anything from this game!, but the flanks is his weakness, your weakness I think is playing just the one striker, normaly when playing one ST you would normaly have an AMC playing in behind to act as a second striker so if your struggling and have one bring him on or change to 4-4-2.
    I would only press own half to conserve your players energy and play offsides and dont play force counters untill after half time.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Ok so since you guys said go with 4-3N-2W-1, I'll try that.

For orders I think Im going with
    Mentality: Normal
    Passing: Down both flanks, Mixed
    Pressing: Own Half
    Tackling style: Normal or Hard??? Im thinking hard
    Marking style: Zonal
    Not forcing counter attacks
    Not playing offside trap

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Andre Tay; 08-11-2014 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
    Your last formation you posted is the best you have come up with, you can play 4-4-2 aswell and as Ricardo82 say set your orders to attack down both flanks as his narrow midfield is just begging to be exploited, I would not use red arrows on your DL,DR! leave them empty and put reds on your AML AND AMR and ST and if you want to go for it on the MCs aswell!, there is no perfect answer as he does have a very strong team so you will be lucky to get anything from this game!, but the flanks is his weakness, your weakness I think is playing just the one striker, normaly when playing one ST you would normaly have an AMC playing in behind to act as a second striker so if your struggling and have one bring him on or change to 4-4-2.
    I would only press own half to conserve your players energy and play offsides and dont play force counters untill after half time.
    Why should i leave my DL and DR empty and not put red arrows? Wouldn't they still defend the strikers and midfielders + give me extra attacking by the flanks?

Dreamer
    I always run the 4-5V-1 against this formation:
    DL--------AML---
    DC-----MC-------
    ---DMC--------ST
    DC-----MC-------
    DR--------AMR---

I have had pretty consistent success using a blue arrow on the DMC and red forward arrows on the DL & DR.
    Manager of Foresters FC and Guide FC. Both teams on server '161'.

Wondering if I took the time to type out that fancy formation? Nah, check out my python script!

Thanks Ricardo82 your advice helped.

How to counter 4-1-3n-2? Help help-1.jpg

How to counter 4-1-3n-2? Help help-2.png