Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 4-4-2 Diamond Tactics?

4-4-2 Diamond Tactics?

So far I'm in Season 3, played a standard 4-4-2 up to now with both wingers set to run forward and team tactics set as:

Team Mentality: Normal
    Focus Passing: Down Both Flanks
    Pressing Style: Own Half
    Tackling Style: Normal
    Passing Style: Short
    Marking Style: Zonal

Counter Attacks: No
    Offside Trap: No

I've blitzed the leagues, and got to finals of both cup competitions, however I have now switched to a 4-4-2 diamond and was wondering if I should change my tactics in anyway?

Obviously currently I am focused on wing play, but as my team has progressed it's ended up that my wingers are my weakest position so its probably not a good idea anymore to rely on them?

Any help would be appreciated
    Oswaldtwistle FC

Level 3

League:
    Champions: 1,2 & 3
    Runner Up: N/A

Champions League:
    Winner: 2
    Runner Up: 3

Cup:
    Winner: N/A
    Runner Up: 2

Treble: N/A

Are you Narrow or wide diamond?
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

Wide diamond but have players to do narrow too

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam William Atkinson View Post
    Wide diamond but have players to do narrow too
    ND more invisible, bro.. go for it if you are the one only stick to one formation...

What do you mean by more invisible?

Famous
    What do you mean by more invisible?
    Meant chance of winning matches higher...At level 6-7...few season back.. Our favorite formation also ND..My biggest achievement so far for 1 of our 3 teams: Team Winning 11 (Now level 10) was also at level 7 with Double Champion and 2nd place in CUP with Narrow Diamond mostly (ofcoz sometimes facing too strong team or funny formation then u MUST switch or adapt another formation)...
    How w played: Attacking/through the middle/hard tackle/mix or short passing/no offside/no counter/
    Depend on the opponent I have blue or red arrow on DMC but always red on AMC...
    Last edited by Brian Dang; 08-19-2014 at 01:36 PM.
    Philip L. Willis likes this.

So far I'm in Season 3, played a standard 4-4-2 up to now with both wingers set to run forward and team tactics set as:

Team Mentality: Normal
    Focus Passing: Down Both Flanks
    Pressing Style: Own Half
    Tackling Style: Normal
    Passing Style: Short
    Marking Style: Zonal

Counter Attacks: No
    Offside Trap: No

I've blitzed the leagues, and got to finals of both cup competitions, however I have now switched to a 4-4-2 diamond and was wondering if I should change my tactics in anyway?

Obviously currently I am focused on wing play, but as my team has progressed it's ended up that my wingers are my weakest position so its probably not a good idea anymore to rely on them?

Any help would be appreciated
    Focus Passing: Mixed
    Passing Style: Mixed

This wont be bad to if u change because u have players in every place of the field and it will be a good thing if u try them.

Focus Passing: Down Both Flanks it a good order if u are playing against a team with formation that has a just DL and DR or DML and DMR or ML and MR or AML and AMR.
    Last edited by IGOR; 08-19-2014 at 01:43 PM.

Server: 107 Team: FC Vardar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Dang View Post
    Meant chance of winning matches higher...At level 6-7...few season back.. Our favorite formation also ND..My biggest achievement so far for 1 of our 3 teams: Team Winning 11 (Now level 10) was also at level 7 with Double Champion and 2nd place in CUP with Narrow Diamond mostly (ofcoz sometimes facing too strong team or funny formation then u MUST switch or adapt another formation)...
    How w played: Attacking/through the middle/hard tackle/mix or short passing/no offside/no counter/
    Depend on the opponent I have blue or red arrow on DMC but always red on AMC...
    Ahh sorry I thought with a 4-3-2-1 you meant DL - DC x 2 - DR - MC x 3 - AML - AMR - ST.

Is it only the MC x 2 and 1 AMC then?

Will try it out in a Friendly game before I play my league game later on today.
    Oswaldtwistle FC

Level 3

League:
    Champions: 1,2 & 3
    Runner Up: N/A

Champions League:
    Winner: 2
    Runner Up: 3

Cup:
    Winner: N/A
    Runner Up: 2

Treble: N/A

Quote Originally Posted by IGOR View Post
    Focus Passing: Mixed
    Passing Style: Mixed

This wont be bad to if u change because u have players in every place of the field and it will be a good thing if u try them.

Focus Passing: Down Both Flanks it a good order if u are playing against a team with formation that has a just DL and DR or DML and DMR or ML and MR or AML and AMR.
    Thanks will try that out too

Ahh sorry I thought with a 4-3-2-1 you meant DL - DC x 2 - DR - MC x 3 - AML - AMR - ST.

Is it only the MC x 2 and 1 AMC then?

Will try it out in a Friendly game before I play my league game later on today.
    Actually ignore that, I was trying a 4-3-2-1 out and got it all completely mixed up with this tactic haha. Sorry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast