Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Big problems vs 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond!!

Deleted
    Last edited by Peter Renn; 08-20-2014 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Renn View Post
    Buffs please tell him 4132 works well
    In logic that is called "appeal to authority" fallacy.
    Peter Renn likes this.
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

Well Peter, I could be wrong about V-style against a ND, I give in, my apologies. Just don't go on about this.
    Peter Renn likes this.
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip L. Willis View Post
    Well Peter, I could be wrong about V-style against a ND, I give in, my apologies. Just don't go on about this.
    As i said 4132 works for me, but not every game, and maybe 451 works too, i never played it so far, but i think through the middle better for me, if my opponent has stronger dl dr than my wingers i wouldn't feel confident with both flanks. Peace
    Philip L. Willis likes this.

Famous
    The narrow diamond is tough to counter. The issue is the arrows, one formation can consist of several different potential tactics. I use a 3n-1-4-2 against the "ND" and it works well for me. That said, you need good defenders. Don't underestimate the importance of certain offensive stats for defenders too, since if you have a big gap between your offensive Q and other stats, your defenders will be vulnerable to whole pitch pressing, since offensive players will take advantage of the defenders low dribbling and passing stats to force turnovers. The 4-2-1-2 "ND" being a very effective offensive formation, can take advantage of that. However, its a guessing game and who successfully guesses whose tactics/orders is at an advantage.

Other options that may be effective are a 4-1-4-1/4-5-1 V. It gives you more coverage against the ND by better accounting for a red arrowed AMC. You'll lose some offensive punch though, which could give you serious problems if your opponent's DL/DR are strong defenders. I feel the DL/DR are the key defensively to a successful diamond, since it gives the opponent alot of room to run on the flanks.

The other option is a 4-1-3N-2, the fight fire with fire approach as stated by someone else above. You'll be able to account for his entire attack, however he'll be able to do the same to you.
    Peter Renn likes this.

As I said. I play both 4-5-1V and 4-1-3N-2 against ND and both are equally effective against similar level teams.

The former relies on wingers performing - poor performing wingers are a weakness just as much as good ones are a strength. The latter relies on the MCs shutting down supply.

All formation advice is conditional otherwise its not thoughtful advice. You can't just place a counter ftw.

PS. I'm only lvl 5 but my dad is bigger than your dad.

Tomorrow I will play final LC against ND. My Quality 46.5, his - 51.2. How about this counter: 3N(DC)-2N(DMC)-3W(MC)-1(AMC)-1(ST)? Defensive, mixed, counter-attack.

VIP
    Big problems vs 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond!!-bgu-3.jpg

Hard attacking, 6 red arrows...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123