Thread: Desperate Formation

Desperate Formation

I have used this formation twice before - both in Champions League Knockout second legs. After losing the first legs by 2 or more goals. It hasn't failed and I'm using it tomorrow on the road after losing leg 1 2-0 at home. Wish me luck.

4-1(MC)-4(AML-AMC-AMC-AMR)-1. Super heavy on the offense and very unorthodox. As someone who doesn't know football that well, I just wanted to get some opinions on it, and see if other people have ever used this formation; and if their luck has been as good as mine. It has never failed me and I don't think it will on the road tomorrow.

Dreamer
    I've never used a the 4-1-4-1 you mention, but plenty of people use 4-3-2w-1. I've also used 4-3w-2-1 which also isn't too extremely different. Be wary of 4-3-3 and 4-4-2.

If you'd really like to go all out attack you could play 3n-1-3w-3:
    ----------AML---
    DC------------ST
    DC-----MC-AMC-ST
    DC------------ST
    ----------AMR---

I wouldn't normally suggest a formation like that, but it seem you are trying to go all-out attack.
    Manager of Foresters FC and Guide FC. Both teams on server '161'.

Wondering if I took the time to type out that fancy formation? Nah, check out my python script!

Rookie
    maybe consider what formation he is using and try counter but i would say with your formation the middle is 4-3-3 might get you in troubles http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...ation-use.html check this table and try it