Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: T11Formation.py - socialize your formation

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Allan Taylor View Post
    Hi everyone,

I want to share this python script (on GitHub) with everyone for free: T11Formation.py. This is a tool to take a formation name like 4-1-2-2w-1 and output a fancy string:

DL--------AML---
    DC-----MC-------
    ---DMC--------ST
    DC-----MC-------
    DR--------AMR---

This project is new, and ideas are welcome. Be sure to read the documentation on GitHub as well as here.

There are a few things you need to know
    • You need python, because it is written in python. Don't worry, you only need to download this once. (Unless you want to update it, which is totally up to you.)
    • There is no graphical interface currently. You'll need to bring up a command window, navigate to where-ever you have the T11Formation.py file located and call it there.
    • There are a few rules when inputting your formation name:
      1. You must input all five rows starting with defense (i.e. a 4-4-2 needs to be input as 4-0-4-0-2).
      2. Rows with 2 or 3 players are narrow by default. To make a row wide add a 'w' at the end. (i.e a 4-5V-1 needs to be input as 4-1-2-2W-1).
      3. There is no error checking if you input more or less than 10 fielded players, this is up to you!
    • When you post your formation here it will use the default font. This is fine, but it won't line up great like it did in the output. To fix this post your formation with font tags using Lucida Console.

The script can also be used as a python module! This includes other functionality that I won't mention here as it's already on GitHub. At some point I want the script to have access to all the under-laying functionality. Contributors welcome! If you'd like to contribute either get in contact with me and I'll add you or create a pull request.

Now that everything is out of the way, I'd like to give some examples!

3-2-2-2-1 B-fly (3-2w-2-2w-1):
    ---DML----AML---
    DC-----MC-------
    DC------------ST
    DC-----MC-------
    ---DMR----AMR---

4-4D-2 wide (4-1-2W-1-2):
    DL-----ML-------
    DC------------ST
    ---DMC----AMC---
    DC------------ST
    DR-----MR-------

3-2-3-2 (3-2W-3-0-2):
    ---DML----------
    DC-----MC-----ST
    DC-----MC-------
    DC-----MC-----ST
    ---DMR----------

I hope someone finds this tool useful!

P.S. The CODE tag does not prevent a FONT tag from being translated in preview
    One DC DL
    One DC DR
    One DC DMC with five star
    One DC
    Two MC with five star
    One MC AMC with six star
    One ST AMC with six star
    One ST with five star

4-3-1-2 or 4-3-2-1

Use My formation Can Win the game or Draw the game with Cody Allan Taylo given the formation

Nice. Bookmarked.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12