Thread: Helping my brother who is too lazy to open his own user...

Helping my brother who is too lazy to open his own user...

O.K ,

I originally consulted someone at the users guides section , but it's not really the place so i wanted to move it here into a new topic at the formation and tactic area:

so here's my brother's problem: He has a mediocre defence - it's not lacking in stars but it lacks the average rating that they get at games.

he's lvl 12 , he has 1-2 Tokens , And here's a summary of his line-up performances :

1 GK - moving between 5-6-7 in the ratings and has an avarage of 6.27 rating.
    not the kind of GKs that saves the day , He's the type that does o.k as long as he's not under pressure.

1 DR +1 DC : they're a problem. both usually get a rating of 6 and 5. average is about 5.7
    they're not the type of players you want to see ,
    they're the kind that makes you glad when they have only 2-3 mistakes per-match against the smaller teams ,
    And has you praying in the stands and making deals with god so they won't be totally incompetent during matches against equal or stronger teams...

1 DL + 1 DC : both are relatively fine. getting ratings of 6-7 , average is very similar at approximately 6.6-6.7 .
    Once again , fine all together but not really a rock to lean on during bad days , and they can't cover for the DR+DC situation .

3 MC - they're good , getting average rating slightly over 7.
    Dependable players who sometime surprise you in a brilliant move...

3 ST : they're really good, ranking 7-8-9 , they all have an average rating of at least 7.30 .
    they are the players you love if they're playing for you , and hate when they're against you

Subs:

The substitute GK is weak and old and injured after training for the next 7 days.

The defence subs - 3 subs who are rubbish, getting rating of 4-5 at best,
    putting them on would be self-sabotage ...

The midfield subs - only 1 MC who is is fine , and 1 AMC who got only 6 ratings for 5 matches.

The attacking sub - 1 ST , he's good but ST's aren't the problem...

So he thought about playing classic 4-3-3 with defensive mentality to help the defence -
    i've never played classic 4-3-3 so i can't help him and he's lazy to open his own user - so he asked me instead .

any ideas ?
    Last edited by Oded32; 09-30-2014 at 10:49 PM.

Levski Jerusalem (click here to see my team) Season 22 -

17 championships
    13 Champions league titles
    3 Cups

VIP
    he could try 5-3N-2 formation if he has defensive problems...

The problem is that it means benching a great striker for a defender who get 4-5 rating at best.

I don't see a solution apart from waiting 2-3 days and buying a new player ,
    but it's more points losing and also he might lose the bid and come back to starting point.

I don't really know what the best settings for this formation, especially with his defenders problem , anyone had any experience with classic 4-3-3? maybe he can make some changes in mentality and orders? how would you set it?

17 championships
    3 Cups

to start out GK ratings mean the least in this game. Also if you can avoid it never have a backup GK, it just wastes sub space. What orders does he use. Sometimes it is more then just the players ratings. Also if they have multiple roles try them in other ones. And finally does he play a lot of friendlies?

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

1. I know usually GK rating are 6, but this GK can't go a match without conceding...
    I can't see my brother's games because he's on another server, but he played 8 league games and conceded 13 , And my bro' tells me he barely made 1 save , so i guess in his case it's justified.
    Personally , i blame the DR+DC , but my brother says it's more then that...

2. All players apart from the DL play one position, the DL isn't great but he's not the worst in the bunch...

3. He doesn't play friendlies after the season begins.
    All morale + health - are top.

4. He told me he only changed the mentality to defensive and play through center.
    Everything else is on default.
    Last edited by Oded32; 09-30-2014 at 11:55 PM.

17 championships
    3 Cups

how does he assign his players skill points?

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

The idea for your bro' is that don't have to see the ratings, the value of a player is in what he contributes.
    I think that he need to sell 1 or 2 defenders and buy a new DC for sure. Sell the worst subs' and prove the new DC in right side.
    Too can buy a new MC that maybe help in defense in more %.

About the 4-3-3 is what I always played when I started, the typical formation of my team, now I use a 4-3-1-2, the AMC is a MC or a ST.
    attacking mentality, always zonal, mixed passing because I think to left/right/centre etc is so specific in every match, and 2 blue arrows for the DC's and 8 red arrows.
    Training points/cones always added to phisicall skills 1st till the player have 9 stars of speed.
    And thats aprox. how went me good LOL