Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fugazi

Thread: Counter formation for 4-4-2 :)

Counter formation for 4-4-2 :)

Hello guys.I tryed a lot of formations vs 442,for me always works 4-3w-1-2.Orders : ofensive,down both flanks,own half,mixed,normal,counter and no offside.Good luck!

Famous
    Im always use ND or 3N-1-4-2 to counter 4-4-2C instead

I think narrow diamond now dont work so well...451 v maybe can be good .

I dont think thee is a counter for 442. Its the most balanced formation in the game without any weaknesses. A good, strong 442 can counter everything. Best counter for 442 is IMO the formation your team plays best.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

my diamond 4-1-2-1-2 and 4-3-3 always beat 4-4-2 with hard attacking mentality

3-5-2

As a manager I use a strange formation, with hard attacking from the side my oponent has some weakness.

So my strategy is to have always more goals than my oponent and that worked fine so far in League, CL, Cup.

Even in the cup that I am the weakest in level of all teams I managed to win all games home and away with the same formation and orders. Often facing the 4-4-2 formation with big success.

I play a 2-3-2-2-1 like this :
    -ST-
    -AML- -AMR-
    -MC- -MC-
    -DML- -DMC- -DMR-
    -DC- -DC-
    -GK-

The AML-AMR-ST-DMC have to be at least 5 stars otherwise there is no use to play an attacking type of game. The DMC is highly important as most of the attacking attempts of the oponent stop there. So I focused on a 5 star (became 6 star few days ago) DMC and improved his Physical&Mental skills to have the best fitness and mainly speed. I see loads of players focusing on attack and defense in the distribution of skill points but P&M factor is highly important to break a counter-attack if we choose to play attacking and stay open at the defense after a failed attack.

What I have to say about formation is that it's not the most important thing to counter another formation if not used wisely with correct orders.
    If you choose a formation that your players haven't played before their performance will fall.
    There are other factors to block a good team, like what type of player u will use against who and where, the orders you will give to your team, etc...

Note that a player with 1 star less can perform much better to a 7-8 form that a stronger player that has a 6 form.
    After loads of studying and experimenting I managed to have 7-8 and 9 in each game from all players.

Famous
    I usually just mirror the 4-4-2!

Best is the ND or 4-3-1-2 as mentioned. Sometimes with a good lone striker, a 4-4-1-1 is as effective.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fugazi View Post
    I dont think thee is a counter for 442. Its the most balanced formation in the game without any weaknesses. A good, strong 442 can counter everything. Best counter for 442 is IMO the formation your team plays best.
    Yep. I agree... because 4 4 2 is nicely balanced and can be changed with orders and arrows, unless you have faced the team before you should go with your best players in their favorite formation.
    Mine vs 4 4 2 is 4 2N 1 3W 1.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]